Good warm water drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Selachimorpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Looking for suggestions for a good drysuit for use in "warm water" ie red sea in winter. Water temp is about 20 C/68 F in winter time, but it sure gets cold when you are doing 2 or 3 dives a day, each 60 minutes, with strong winds in between the dives. some people say semi-dry, but i'm sure it will be just as cold as a wetsuit on repeat dives. Any thoughts?

DUI TLS350 would be a good choice because the fit is excellent, the material is light and flexible and the quality is high.

It provides great range of movement, especially with light insulation. I love mine for warm water diving.

Dave C

I dive year round with TUSA HRS......and love it.........the compressed neoprene is very durable, after 200 dives the suit still looks new..........unfortunately it is no longer available in the US......

I would recommend you look at the Whites Fusion with light undergarments............

While I don't own one, the Fusion gets universal praise on SB and many have commented positively on using it in warmer water..........

Whatever suit you get, get soft boots so you turn the entire suit inside out to dry.......the issue with diving a drysuit in warmer weather is lots of condensation inside the suit............

Hope this helps........M

DUI TLS350 would be a good choice because the fit is excellent, the material is light and flexible and the quality is high.

It provides great range of movement, especially with light insulation. I love mine for warm water diving.

Dave C

Tottaly agree, I use a TLS350 in Brazil, usually warm waters 20 ~ 25 C, but already dove in 8C and it was ok as well, just switched to a thicker polartec undergarnment (thinsulate 400) with argon fill. Even in waters 25 C and above you can dive with just some confortable clothes (like your favorite pijamas :rofl3:) under the drysuit and you will be ok!

i second the DUI TLS 350

love it here in Florida

DUI TLS 350 or whites fusion are great choices for drysuits that can be used in warm water. There is also the DUI 30/30 which is designed specifically for warm water, it has ankle seals instead of boots and is made out of a breathable fabric like goretex so there is much less of a condensation issue if you work up a sweat.

There is also the DUI 30/30...

Did someone call?

:D

RJP.jpg

I'm a big fan of the 30/30, and recently wore mine for a week of Red Sea diving myself. By varying the undergarment this suit is perfect from 68-85F water. You can read my mini-review of this suit at the bottom of this page...

DUI 30/30 at www.DiveSeekers.com

My "cold" water drysuit is a TLS-350, which I also love. However I wouldn't use it in warmer climates as it can get warmer on dryland and I like the fact that my feet get wet on the 30/30 in warmer "cold" water.

DUI TLS 350 or whites fusion are great choices for drysuits that can be used in warm water. There is also the DUI 30/30 which is designed specifically for warm water, it has ankle seals instead of boots and is made out of a breathable fabric like goretex so there is much less of a condensation issue if you work up a sweat.

Agree with Steve: TLS-350, Fusion, or (if on the warmer end) 30/30.

Hey RJP - do you know if Jason&Wayne have any of those 30/30:s to try? I am more so interested in walking around on a hot day between dives (say in Dutch) to see how much difference there is to the breathability etc vs TLS. (I know I could call but this is SB).

TLS works for me but it does get sweaty/condensed pretty quick if it's hot topsite, I mean even if you try to be quick getting it on and off - but that would be true for any drysuit. I would stay away from crushed...

Back
Top Bottom