Google Wave invitations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wave is going to be big. If you don't know what it is, check out these videos: 2 min, 8 min, 80 min

For the moment, it's invite only, like Gmail was in the beginning. More divers should get on the Wave, so I'm sharing my remaining 7 invites with you. Just leave your email in the thread or via PM. :)

Wow! This sounds amazing!

I wish I had thought of a hosted communications medium that only I controlled, where everybody would have to come to me to use it, that I could mine for data to use to target advertising or simply sell for direct revenue, and that was completely impossible to migrate to any other platform.

This level of vendor lock-in makes Microsoft look like a bunch of amateurs.

Terry

Wow! This sounds amazing!

I wish I had thought of a hosted communications medium that only I controlled, where everybody would have to come to me to use it, that I could mine for data to use to target advertising or simply sell for direct revenue, and that was completely impossible to migrate to any other platform.

This level of vendor lock-in makes Microsoft look like a bunch of amateurs.

Terry

Of course, with Google's success, one have to be a bit sceptical. :wink: If you watch the 80 min video, you'll see that it's possible to run a private wave server (or whatever you want to call it), and that several companies do so already.

dang 1 person too late

This thread is the only place I have ever heard of this.

Google Wave? Well, it's still kind of new... Did you check out the videos? What do you think?

In the same spirit, I'd like to offer 4 invitations as well. PM or post your email.

Edit: My wave address is airbbles@googlewave.com, though I'll be in Cozumel Sunday Dec 6 and on, and don't know if I'll have computer access.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom