GoPro 12 pre-order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score

Doesn't look like many new features over the 11. I am curious how the support for HDR video would impact underwater shots? I'm thinking "not much" since we're losing color at depth, but maybe capturing a bit more would be helpful in post-production?

Does it require a new housing or battery? Or compatible with Hero 10/11?

It's the exact same dimensions and weight so I think directly compatible with anything made for Hero 10/11. Same goes for battery, they they are claiming the 12 has better power management and you can get up to 2x time.

I wonder if we will ever see a GoPro 50 at some point....

I hope that you are around to see the GoPro 100, an implant in your eyelids :)

Do you guys think it's worth upgrading from a 10? Wife has a 10, I bought some L&M 3600 lumen lights finally to go with it and I was going to go ahead and get the 12 if it's worth it. Would only be videoing at 4k resolution.

It's only $299 via gopro.com since she carries some subscription thing with them that stores the videos etc.

If you are keen on having the most current piece of technology and $ is not an issue, why not get the 12. But this is like just about every other piece of gear, something will be out within a year or so with more bells and whistles....

If you can get the 12 for $300 then sell the 10 for $150, it might be tempting to get the better processor and stabilization and white balance.

Looks like a very small upgrade, if I weren't already planning to get a second camera for some multicam stuff, I would just stick to the 11. Apparently some are reporting that the improvement in battery life comes mostly from removing the GPS module as most don't turn that off. And the Log mode can be accessed on the 11 via the Labs firmware with QR codes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom