GoPro and Liquid Image light setup with rubber band gun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g550driver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here's my modified rubber band gun :D with 2 Liquid Image lights installed on top... May or may not work effectively, but I will give it a shot on my next trip in October..

The rubber band gun cost me $10... The lights were $65 each.. rated at 300 lumens each, 5.5 watt and 60 degree beam angle and came with nifty holders..

IMG_5878.jpgIMG_5880.jpgIMG_5882.jpg

I think generally you want underwater dive lights higher and further apart to avoid having the lights coming from pretty much the same angle as your camera as in this setup. It may be fine on a good vis dive but if theres too much silt and particles in the water this will have a negative effect. Thats why traditional trays and light arms have the lights up high to come more at an angle like sunlight relative to the camera to reduce backscatter from all the particles floating in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom