gopro HD camera placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you could get some PVC and DIY: This gives a 16:9 perspective, not exactly a view finder but if you center the rectangle on the subject at arm's length, you should get a centered video on the subject. Also could attach some lights and other stuff too. PVC plus Tripod mount with a little shaping of the pvc "T" connector and screw. The attached images are a little distorted from the close up shot but the 16:9 rectangle has square corners and the camera is square on the tripod mount.

Attachments

• P1020362.jpg
    P1020362.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 523
  • P1020363.jpg
    P1020363.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 376
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So reading this thread from the top, your telling me most people don't just use the standard head strap mount? That is not secure enough.

Please tell me I can use my new Go Pro with just this mount and it won't fall off!

I have not used it but have seen those who do and they all recommended a chin strap to ensure it stayed on as a couple have had it come off and not known til it was too late. Plus the camera is quite negative so it does drop like a rock. The beauty of the GoPro is you can get creative with the mounts - rig someone that would work for YOU.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So reading this thread from the top, your telling me most people don't just use the standard head strap mount? That is not secure enough.

Please tell me I can use my new Go Pro with just this mount and it won't fall off!

I purchased one of those small telescoping monopods and a tripod adapter
the nice thing about it is
it has a wrist strap
can be telescoped out to 32 inches or down to 9
can be faced forward for capturing corals and fish or backwards to capture you diving

I found this helpful to study my form after a dive
you think you are doing everything correctly but you can learn a lot about your actual performance. Studying my actual dive tape helped me identify weak spots I need to work on

Don't do like this guy(on far left)
WAwalldiversverylate.jpg

------In Cozumel recently, 1st day he had his attached to his head, close to the end of the dive it came off---& he never knew it..Luckily another diver found it on the bottom right below the boat before the final ascent!!!.....Can't remember where he carried it after that....

You could tell him to stay off the reef too!
Buoyancy control Man!!!!!!
:wink:
Ohhh is that his SPG behind is tank! hhhhhhhmmmmmmm.

Looks to be terrific viz all the same.

Or you could get some PVC and DIY: This gives a 16:9 perspective, not exactly a view finder but if you center the rectangle on the subject at arm's length, you should get a centered video on the subject. Also could attach some lights and other stuff too. PVC plus Tripod mount with a little shaping of the pvc "T" connector and screw. The attached images are a little distorted from the close up shot but the 16:9 rectangle has square corners and the camera is square on the tripod mount.

The back plug in LCD screen would be a lot less cumbersome, for steadiness a perspex wing/paravane with handle say 8"x3" would do a better job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom