GoPro Hero 2 - BlurFix or Eye of Mine for UW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife gave me a GoPro Hero 2 for Christmas. I plan to add it on top my Nauticam T2i rig just to see what video I also come back with while diving. To fix the underwater focus what works best - Eye of Mine or BlurFix or something else?

Also what is the best way to mount it to a 1" strobe ball? I see UCLS has both a tripod mount adaptor to the plastic housing or for about twice as much money a cage bracket that holds the whole housing. That looks better but is it worth it?

1) I have the blurfix and love it...a buddy i often dive with had the E.o.M. and I don't think its as clear...I also like that I can add filters to mine....you cant d that with the E.o.M.
2) I use the tripod adapter to mount it to my tray

I have both of these and prefer the blurfix, they both work similarly in the amount of vignette. The EOM is just a plastic lens though which wont be as clear as a glass lens and will get worse over time, it also can be scratched fairly easily and if damaged the entire housing will need to be replaced.

The blurfix clear filters sell for around $10 so if you managed to damage them thats all that you would need to replace, also gives an easy method for using filters. This method also makes it very easy to clean unlike the eom which is nearly impossible to get to the undercut of the inside lens.

The only advantage the EOM is the deepee depth rating of the full 60m of the gopro housing. I havent dived beyond 40m though so either one will do the depth I need.

My wife gave me a GoPro Hero 2 for Christmas. I plan to add it on top my Nauticam T2i rig just to see what video I also come back with while diving. To fix the underwater focus what works best - Eye of Mine or BlurFix or something else?

Also what is the best way to mount it to a 1" strobe ball? I see UCLS has both a tripod mount adaptor to the plastic housing or for about twice as much money a cage bracket that holds the whole housing. That looks better but is it worth it?

I use a MAKO flat lens. I shot this video 2 days ago at 185 feet.... I was pleased with the results.

Plane Wreck Off Jupiter Florida - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom