GoPro Labs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mje113

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Huh, this is interesting:

I had no idea that existed. Looks like it could have potential in changing pre-set modes via laminated QR codes, vs secret menu tricks which always leave me a little confused.

Has anyone used it?

I remember downloading firmware years back for my H7B to automatically prefer a 180 degree shutter and just vary the ISO on the videos up to a max limit of 800. Haven’t bothered with it since as in it just works or I didn’t double check settings after that. My videos look fine in general.

I think the interesting part is being able to change all settings just by pointing your camera at a QR code... so if I wanted to have preset white balances for different depths I could make those changes underwater without having to use the touch screen.

cool features. other than the QR Code reading- to change setting while under. Not sure I can find a use case for any of those other features. Anyone have any ideas? Here they are:

Camera Motion Triggers: Leverage the camera’s accelerometer and/or gyroscope to start/stop capture only when the camera is in motion, preserving storage and battery.
USB Power Triggers: Your GoPro can start/stop capture when USB power is detected, enabling USB-triggered functions such as serving as a dash cam.
Motion Detection Enhancements: Motion detection is supported in all video modes, including 360° motion detection on MAX, with improvements to the sensitivity range.
Simplified Live Streaming QR Code: Program your GoPro to start live streaming within seconds of being connected to a designated Wi-Fi network.
Single-Setting/One-Button Mode: Enable a one-button mode where you can only start/stop capture, making it impossible to change camera mode accidentally. This is designed to capture critical events.
New Exposure Modes: Set timed exposure lock and minimum shutter speed settings.
New QR Code Controls on HERO11/10/9 Black and HERO11 Black Mini:

• QR code controls supported in 5K and HindSight capture for HERO11/10/9 Black.
• Sound Level Trigger to start and stop captures based on environmental loudness.
• Optional camera encryption and decryption for media for secure captures.
• Timecode reading and syncing via the Media Mod audio line-in.

I used the Labs feature to splash my email and phone # on the screen when you turn it on. Hope in case I ever lose it it'll help it make it back home.

I used the Labs feature to splash my email and phone # on the screen when you turn it on. Hope in case I ever lose it it'll help it make it back home.
Oh- that's a great feature! Didn't know about that one. thx.

Need the QR code that instantly changes the field of view from wide angle to narrow, for flipped-in +15 macro lens. And then the QR code that swaps it back....all while underwater in it's waterproof case.

Back
Top Bottom