GoPro plunge in thailand - khao lak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gibbo999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
dear SB threaders
Im gonna do a DM internship come Nov this year and just want expert advise from the experience here.. any comments? recommendations? expectations........
I hope to do a minimum of a 5 week course prob in khao lak as its a jump off point to similian.... though would consider anywhere else really
Any comments appreciated!:D

cheers SB
ive been in contact with WD and very helpful..... seadragon not so..... prices/itinery not published til july... doesnt help me plan

Everything is about to close down within a week in Khao Lak. Am here right now, leaving tomorrow.
Did you just check their website or did you send them an email? November is still far away though.............

Hey - thanks for considering us at Wicked Diving! Of course - you can see from my signature that I have some vested interest in this thread :)

It is great that you are considering joining us. We try really hard to put together a great course. I'm sure you've read the reviews on Tripadvisor (linked to from our DM page). But, if you have done your research you will see that we are not the cheapest and certainly not the easiest course in Khao Lak. In fact, we have people drop out as our course is not a vacation and not a guaranteed "pass". On the other hand we always try to hire from our graduates...we think the program is that good. More than 50% of our staff have come through our professional level program. Should you like names and contacts of our graduates, please feel free to drop me a PM and I will send them along.

Not all shops shut down this time of year :) a few of us stay open throughout the year and offer alternatives to the Similans during this time. Our manager, a few staff and Koen - our booking officer are all here in Khao Lak all year.

Back
Top Bottom