Gopro question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should get the gopro 4 black editon vs the silver. The reason is that the black got a feature call protune. Much better to color correct when that is activate.

Silver 4 has the Protune.

N

Last edited:
Yeah thats right not sure why but i was thinking about the hero 3. They did introduce that features on the silver for the 4. Good catch.

Yeah thats right not sure why but i was thinking about the hero 3. They did introduce that features on the silver for the 4. Good catch.

No worries, it is all confusing. I edited my post as well to specifically state the Silver 4.

N

If you're shooting shallow (10m or shallower) then you need filters not lights anyway if its a tropical destination. No lights are going to beat the sun in a contest for brightness. Filters work best down to about 15m (conditions dependent etc etc) and after that they tail off and just produce noisier video.

Murkier, less sunny destinations lights become more useful more rapidly.

If you're shooting shallow (10m or shallower) then you need filters not lights anyway if its a tropical destination. No lights are going to beat the sun in a contest for brightness.

Yes, but they let you see detail in surfaces not directly in sunlight. Basically, lights in this setting work as a fill flash, which is useful topside even in bright sunlight. For underwater work, this mainly affects diver's faces. You will find that scenes with divers in them have faces in shadow, which really impacts the quality of the images. So that is one advantage of lights in shallow water... compare these two:

Dive_20150418_Dutch_Springs_05.jpg
Dive_20150418_Dutch_Springs_06.jpg

Back
Top Bottom