Question GoPro User & Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Are you a GoPro user and how often do you use it?

I own a GoPro 7 but don’t use it very often…. but would like to use it more.​

Do you use or like to use a selfie stick with your GoPro?

I don’t have one, but have read a 40 inch stick is recommended.​

Do you have a selfie stick and do you have any recommendations?​

When using your selfie stick, what type of media (video/stills) do you shoot, and/or what GoPro setup do you use?

I find it confusing / awkward to find the GoPro button(s) to take pictures, without a selfie stick.​

Any and all input would be appreciated!! Thanks!!!!​

What's the deal with the subscription? What purpose does the subscription serve?

I use my GoPro a few times each year. Most of the time it is on a tripod to avoid the typical shaky underwater video prevalent on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, et.

I have a number of GoPros, mostly Hero 1s and 2s that I use a lot for video production. I build Cinepoles (homemade buoyent selfie sticks) out of 1" PVC and mostly use them in 24" and 36" lengths, along with a frame mount that also holds a light panel.

My footage is mostly above water exploring and adventuring for my YouTube channel (youtube.com/cthippo1)

The Selfie Stick gets a bad rap from the ways a lot of people use them, but is actually a super useful tool for getting your camera into places you cannot reach. Over things, under things, into things, under water, etc are all views that a stick makes possible. Lots of times on an adventure I use my Cinepoles to shoot video where I have no idea what they captured until I get home.

@Blackcrusader, the colors in your video are spot on. How did you do it? Filters? Post? Both?
Also, what's a TG6?

@Blackcrusader, the colors in your video are spot on. How did you do it? Filters? Post? Both?
Also, what's a TG6?

TG6 is a camera made by Olympus. You can set the white balance underwater, so you can get colors much closer to natural with them.

Also, what's a TG6?

It takes time to learn but you can use two preset settings including white balance and also use Aperture mode where you change settings to suit environment. For this video I was fortunate that it was near mid day and the sun was overhead and also not very deep. I did not use my video lights on this turtle video. I also do not do any post editing of my video's.

These below are using the Olympus TG6 using my video lights. The colours came out really well using the Big Blue VL4200P video lights. No filters on my TG6. If you watch in full screen you will see the crab feeding using its filters to catch food. For the Bubble Shrimp you can zoom in for super macro which the Go Pro cannot do.

Back
Top Bottom