Gopro4 Settings For : Strong Ambient Natural Light (tropics), Dives Less Than 20 M (65 Ft), Wide ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, sounds like I'm pretty much good to go, thanks a lot!

I'll do that, I still have 2 months left, and lots of ducks to chase around in the neighborhood park!
I'll definitely try editing some stuff before leaving to make sure the settings work with my setup.

Cheers

Ben

One last question, since I won't really be able to test this in water and won't be able to access the footage on the road (I don't travel with a computer) - What sharpness level works best for you in UW?

I guess it would probably make sense to turn it to low and do edits in post if needed, but with the filter + water combo, maybe medium or sharp looks better?
What would you recommend?

thanks

ben

Ben,
You are very welcome. I think technically you are best off keeping sharpeing low to give max flexibility in post. But for every setting that you make into a mandatory manual adjustment, you add labor to your workflow. So again, try both settings at the duck pond and see what you like. Also make sure AE has a sharpness adjustment, as not all programs do I have found. I used high sharpness on my last trip because I like the way it looks fine and didn't want to agonize over too many settings for each clip. Depending on how much you film/dive, the editing process can really bog you down after vacation. So it is up to you.

Back
Top Bottom