Gordo Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerfern

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been diving the Cabo San Lucas area for 3 three years. This November I want to go to Gordo Banks. Does anyone know of a dive shop out of San Jose del Cabo that goes there? It seems the dive shops out of Cabo say they go there if there are enough people (which there never are).

Gordo Banks are significantly closer to San Jose, that's why I ask.

Thanks,

Fernando

We're going to the area in early Nov (10-16th) and have no reservations yet. Gordo Banks sounds good and we'd be interested if you find enough people for a certain date. There are 2 of us. We're thinking of spending more time diving the LaPaz area. This is our first trip diving that area. Any recommendations?

OK. This could work. I'll be there the 11th thru the 18th. Right now I can dive on the 12th, 14th, 15th and 17th before noon. We'll have to stay in touch.

As far as Cabo itself, I use Land's End Divers. They can take you to Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger and Land's End within minutes. Excellent pricing. They're not really equipped to go to Gordo Banks though, it's at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours by boat from Cabo but should be under 1 hour from San Jose. I just can't find a dive shop there.

I too am thinking of the Sea of Cortez and La Paz as I've never gone diving there. Leaving early it should take about 2 hours to drive there.

The dive shops in Cabo will gladly arrange everything, it's just that there are never enough people. Maybe this will organize itself online.

Manta Divers located down town will do Gordo Banks provided they get at least four divers for the trip. They have fast enough boats as well! Great guys!

Chris,

I emailed them, thanks for the tip. Now I need one more person to make it happen. Anybody lurking?

Good luck doing Gordo Banks, it's a great dive!!!

Jerry,
I gone to Land's End, Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger, the West Wall, Blowhole, Santa Maria. Also a couple of night dives at Pelican Rock and Neptune's Finger.
Fernando

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom