Got a kayak - now ready to earn my stripes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skubanut

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thanks to all who have contributed ... after re-reading all the posts on this group multiple times, then looking at lots of yaks, I took the plunge with a Wilderness Tarpon 140, thanks to Debbie (might be overkill as my Taurus roof is not as high as a SUV) got the Hullavator and Wheeelz, and for Jenny's benefit, yes I'm going to try out the Spot, noooooooooo, I"m yessssss.

I tested things out sans-scuba gear on a lake near house, now I'm ready for the next step. Weather permitting I'll be at A1A north of Sunrise, this Saturday morning (Oct. 31) ... anyone care to help a newbie earn his stripes?

Last edited:
CONGRATS!!!!!
Wish I could join ya, but will be out of town.

Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong coast but have a great & safe dive!!:wink:

I work every Saturday. Let me know when you can do this on a Friday or a Sunday! Although, I'll be up in Boynton doing the 4-tanker with Kev this Sunday, Nov. 1. You are gonna LOVE yak diving!!!!

Congrats! I wish I could but I'm boat diving this weekend and next. I'll post here in a few weeks when I'm ready to take mine out again. Where did you get the Hullivator? Safe diving!

Teach - I ordered it from RackAttack on the web. Got it in about 4 days, put it on the car with relatively no problems, I've got locks for the loadbars, locks for the hullavator and a gigantic cable lock for the yak as it sits out in my driveway tonight ... I thought I'd load it up tonight instead of in the wee morning hours. Have fun on your boat dive.

SMART to use the cable lock!!! I use one, I run it through the scupper holes and the rack if I load the boat the night before a dive.

I have locks for my car rack AND for the Hullavators, but I take the Hullavators OFF the car. Let's face it, they come on and off in 20 seconds. I stow them inside the car while diving or yakking, and inside the garage when not using them.

Good idea to put the Hullavator in the car during the dive as well. They do come off so easy, so they are off the Taurus this evening. Debby -Have you had problems with the replacement caps flying off?

I don't know what the "replacement caps" are...so I guess the answer is no.

So when you take your Hullavator off you just leave the trackers

tracker.JPG

exposed ... or do you cover them with caps

tkcap.JPG

or do you have a different setup?

My caps don't see to fit ultra secure, it feels like they might fall off at highway speed.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom