Got Burned by DACOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Thirty year-old Scubapros, Aqualungs, Sherwoods, and Oceanics are still being serviced. I am not sure you can say the same about Sea Elite.
Not so long ago you could have included Dacor in that list. Any one of these companies could go bellie up tomorrow. But you make a valid point none the less.

If I get a new reulator it will most likely be a Sherwood Oasis/Brute or one of the Oceanic Neo combos. I had a Sherwood Magnum Oasis before I got my Dacor and loved it.

Even if the allegations are true, a rebreather is a much more complicated piece of equipment than a open circuit regulator. Also remember that most scuba manufacturers have had to recall equipment even top of the line companies like Scubapro and Halcyon.
Another valid point.

ScubaBoard is a friendly forum (interactive computer service) based on mutual respect... insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Let's try to keep it that way...

Not so long ago you could have included Dacor in that list. Any one of these companies could go bellie up tomorrow. But you make a valid point none the less.

If I get a new reulator it will most likely be a Sherwood Oasis/Brute or one of the Oceanic Neo combos. I had a Sherwood Magnum Oasis before I got my Dacor and loved it.

Another valid point.

Your big problem with servicing is the first stage, the Pacer XLE's should be still be serviceable with aftermarket O-rings and seats. If your looking to get back into the water inexpensively then just purchase another first stage and use the second stages.

That thought had occurred to me. I've been eyeballing some conshelf and magnums on eBay.

If you go for a Conshelf your best match would be the SE or Pro as all their LP ports are 1/2"......it'll save you having to buy new hoses or adapters for your Dacor stuff.

......the SE2, SE3 and SEA also have a single 1/2" primary port.

Do all Pacer XLEs use a 1/2 hose? I have one that was attached to a Sherwood Maximus which I don't remember having an adapter.

2nd stages can have any size hose you like.......the 900 and 950 series had standard hoses the 360 was all 1/2".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom