Got Float?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WileEDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone in the WBP, Boynton, FLL, Hollywood areas have a float that I can use in the next day or so? I'm having my daughter do her underwater navigation dive and a float would sure come in handy.

TIA.

-Dan

WileEDiver:
Anyone in the WBP, Boynton, FLL, Hollywood areas have a float that I can use in the next day or so? I'm having my daughter do her underwater navigation dive and a float would sure come in handy.

TIA.

-Dan
If you're talking about a floating dive flag, it'll also save you a fine of $118 (last I heard) per person if you get caught without one, and it might actually keep you from getting run over by boaters and jetskiers... at least by those who know what it means, and care. Local dive shops should have them available for rental for a few bucks a day, or you can buy one locally for as little as $12. Enjoy!

KeyLargoBrent:
If you're talking about a floating dive flag, it'll also save you a fine of $118 (last I heard) per person if you get caught without one, and it might actually keep you from getting run over by boaters and jetskiers... at least by those who know what it means, and care. Local dive shops should have them available for rental for a few bucks a day, or you can buy one locally for as little as $12. Enjoy!
No, I'm looking for a "stationary" float that I can secure (auger in the sand?) and use as a landmark for naviagation dives so we can judge how close we are to returning to our starting point.

mossym:
Dan, have you left us for warmer waters?
LOL. Just temporarily. I'm taking my daughter for a long overdue visit to see "Grammie" (my mom). So far, she's gotten her deep dive in as well as a couple of drift dives, with nav and night to go (she's already done a boat dive and she's Dry Suit certified). The weather sucks (thunderstorms daily), but had a great dive yesterday where we hung out just a few feet away from a huge Caretta Caretta (that's loggerhead turtle and not to be confused with Corrina, Corrina) who was resting at the end of a reef.

I'll be back this weekend.

What I have is all too simple for your needs.
I do have some of the styrofoam fishing trap markers, found from walking the beach.
About the same size as your typical dive flag buoy, 'cept weathered.
That and some simple line, tie it off to a rock, and you'd be set.
PM me if you still need one. I'm local to Boca Raton.

SFLDiver:
What I have is all too simple for your needs.
I do have some of the styrofoam fishing trap markers, found from walking the beach.
About the same size as your typical dive flag buoy, 'cept weathered.
That and some simple line, tie it off to a rock, and you'd be set.
PM me if you still need one. I'm local to Boca Raton.
SLF-

Thanks muchly for the offer, but now it turns out that a couple of other buddies (and DMs) will be there as well. One of them (or I) will probably end up being the start/end point now.

-Dan

Dan,

If you are in the Hollywood area I would be willing to loan you my float and anchor. I just got it after much patient waiting but it is available since I do not have any classes this weekend. If you are interested drop me a PM.

ReneeC:
Dan,

If you are in the Hollywood area I would be willing to loan you my float and anchor. I just got it after much patient waiting but it is available since I do not have any classes this weekend. If you are interested drop me a PM.

Renee-

Many thanks for the offer, but we actually managed to get it done yesterday (in very choppy conditions up in the Delray area).

-Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom