Grand Bahama Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
We have a group trip going to the Bahamas June 4 through June 11. We will
be staying at the Xanadu Resort.
http://www.xanadubeachhotel.com/welcome.html

The trip include the following
Round trip airfare from Denver to Bahamas
5 days of 3 tank boat dives.

The resort does have one restaurant with a limited menu.
Transfers to the resort are not included but will run approx. $15 pp.

Let us know if you are interested in this trip. We will need to put a
deposit on this trip by March 2. The deposit is $150pp the balance will be
due by Mar 20.

We have limited space for this trip but we will have a great time and a
wonderful group of people.

The price is $1200 pp based on double occ and diving. The price for a non
diver is $1000pp based on double occ. We will need a deposit of
$150pp non refundable by March 2.

Call us ASAP and reserve your space.
Odyssey Diving
3823 East 120th St.
Thornton, Co.
303-452-8802
Tell them you seen this on the Scubaboard.
Thanks, Rick

Rickster:
We have a group trip going to the Bahamas June 4 through June 11. We will
be staying at the Xanadu Resort.
http://www.xanadubeachhotel.com/welcome.html

The trip include the following
Round trip airfare from Denver to Bahamas
5 days of 3 tank boat dives.

The resort does have one restaurant with a limited menu.
Transfers to the resort are not included but will run approx. $15 pp.

Let us know if you are interested in this trip. We will need to put a
deposit on this trip by March 2. The deposit is $150pp the balance will be
due by Mar 20.

We have limited space for this trip but we will have a great time and a
wonderful group of people.

The price is $1200 pp based on double occ and diving. The price for a non
diver is $1000pp based on double occ. We will need a deposit of
$150pp non refundable by March 2.

Call us ASAP and reserve your space.
Odyssey Diving
3823 East 120th St.
Thornton, Co.
303-452-8802
Tell them you seen this on the Scubaboard.
Thanks, Rick

We are still looking for people to go to the Bahamas. The deposit date is extended out for a another week or so. We have 8 people going, but would like to book a few more. Please contact Kathy at Odyssey for info. Thanks, Rick

Rickster:
We are still looking for people to go to the Bahamas. The deposit date is extended out for a another week or so. We have 8 people going, but would like to book a few more. Please contact Kathy at Odyssey for info. Thanks, Rick

Hey Rick,
Just a note you should get to some of the Bahamas board's and get some news from a local,The Xanadu has had a fire,Im sure it was the towers section ,not sure on pool suites,so before you send any cash check it out,This was in FreeportNews.
Have you been to the place any how? It at one time was a Great Place, but for years had been in steady disrepair and well not that great,more of they were known for spring breakers,till a few years back a student was killed. I could give you ideas other un-damaged places to stay at on the island! for same or less price! The dive shop was the only show to get NITROX so they did rule,
hope it all works out.
Brad

moneysavr:
........................[snip]............ The dive shop was the only show to get NITROX so they did rule,...........[snip].............
Brad

Not true!! Grand Bahama Scuba has NITROX

moneysavr:
Hey Rick,
Just a note you should get to some of the Bahamas board's and get some news from a local,The Xanadu has had a fire,Im sure it was the towers section ,not sure on pool suites,so before you send any cash check it out,This was in FreeportNews.
Have you been to the place any how? It at one time was a Great Place, but for years had been in steady disrepair and well not that great,more of they were known for spring breakers,till a few years back a student was killed. I could give you ideas other un-damaged places to stay at on the island! for same or less price! The dive shop was the only show to get NITROX so they did rule,
hope it all works out.
Brad
Thanks Brad. I put a post on the Bahama forum. I will post any results here, as I receive them. I would hate to go down there and have a big surprise. What other kind of deals are there for trips there? Just curious. This is my first trip there and I am excited about going, so I want this to be a good trip. I am open to other suggestions.
Thanks, Rick

Rickster:
Thanks Brad. I put a post on the Bahama forum. I will post any results here, as I receive them. I would hate to go down there and have a big surprise. What other kind of deals are there for trips there? Just curious. This is my first trip there and I am excited about going, so I want this to be a good trip. I am open to other suggestions.
Thanks, Rick

Rick,
I was in contact with a local and this is the 12 rooms were in the fire,
the towers section is open,I would call first! to make sure,I just had to make sure you know this!
GrandBahama is a Great Island, been going 20 years now,and seen its ups and downs,Not to bash Xanadu-Heck I know one of the owners a local,its not in the best of shape,some rooms have been re-done.Most of thease are time share units not rented to us regular folks!Its location is on the beach=nice, but they have a crapy straw market in front and tons of peddlers trying to sell you junk non stop!
For a dive trip your not in your room to long any way so you should be fine,the harbour for the dive boat is a few feet away,

But make sure to see the times the Jittney runs from your hotel to PortLucaya,this jittney or mini van is a cab that charges a $1 or $2 .00 to get you to town,a regular
cab would be $20.00 ONE WAY!!But the Jittney runs set times,think it stops at 7p.m.,and pick up and drop off is a block or two from Xanadu hotel,but worth the money!
PortLucaya has the nice shops and places to eat at and spend some time at,The beach across the street at the Westin/OUR LUCAYA is the best beach in the commercial area,and ALL BEACHES ARE PUBLIC IN THE BAHAMAS!! so go thru the resort and check it out!!!
If you get some SI like the day before you fly home realy think about going in on a car rental,2-places we use rent cars for $45-50 per day and if you put them on a major CC like MC you dont need the extra ins,and pay cash on return if you dont crash and the operator may save you the tax! dont tell on me! Brads and KSR are a good car rental! They will pickyou up and drop you off! Then drive on the wrong side of the road so much fun!! The Go-arounds are not that hard to do!

Then get out to Lucayan National park and beach area across the street,see the caves the islands fresh water supply & divers do dive this,The beach is great too miles and miles of pure sand beach with not too many folks unless a charter comes! The Island has 50+miles of great beach that most folks NEVER SEE!! and they are all PUBLIC!

Also if you have a rental car stop at the Margaritavilla /aka The Sand Bar this small joint is on some great beach! The food is great!The beer is cold!If you dont rent a car I think if you call a day ahead for lunch they may pick and drop you off with a purchase of lunch! This is a must do! a great place to relax! and the Owner Jenks is great guy!
So I hope it all works out!and you will have a great trip!
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom