Grand Bahamas Late March Water Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very interesting and tough question. My eyes are popping at the suit mil's for warm water diving. It is so true, it depends on your personal tolerance. I did 3 days of diving in the Florida Keys in May, 3 days in Cayman Is, Roatan, and Mexico in October..all in a .5 skin. I was in California in January for a few days of diving and wore my 5/4 with a hood, boots and gloves. For the most part, that is all you will find me wearing all season here at home when the water temps are between the upper 40's to upper 50's. I don't like the heavier 7 mil suit. My dive buddies think I am nuts so in summary, it's probably best to take the heavier suits if you think you might be cold especially on multi days. I am heading to the Bahamas in April and I will have the .5 mostly for my own protection. I am considering bringing my 2.5 mil shortie cause I also do not like putting on a damp wetsuit but given the expected air temps in April, it is doubtful that I will use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom