Grand Cayman 7/13 - 7/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ldyates

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Solo diver... spouse stays dry. Looking for a dive buddy for July 14-16. I will be staying in a condo just down the beach from the Marriott.

Been here before and not looking to do anything extraordinary. Making bubbles at 60' is good enough, but a night dive would be great.

Larry
Dallas, TX

Larry, a buddy and myself will be diving with indigo divers on July 14, 15, 16. They only dive with 6 max. I think there is still room. Where are you staying on SMB? We are close to that area also. Our spouses are also landlubbers. We are also contemplating a night dive during our week. Let me know.

Thanks for reaching out to me. Ambassador divers contacted me after I posted, but I have not agreed to dive with them yet. They offered me $90 (2 tanks) per day for the three days. I don't really care about the money as much as I just want to dive and have some fun.

I am staying at The Plantation Village Beach Resort on SMB. I will be just down the beach from the Marriott if you know the area.

I would love to do an easy night dive since I have never done one outside of fresh water. I am not too sure about wall diving, so I would prefer to stick to the reefs in about 60' of water the rest of the time. If my desires are in line with yours, I will reach out to Indigo to see if there is an opening on the boat.

Regards

Larry

Larry, have you contacted Indigo yet? I have heard very good things about them and I don't think your dive desires should be a big problem, but I do not want to talk for them. Hope things work out and we can dive some in three weeks.

Hi Larry,

Four of us just got back from spending a week in the Caymans. We dove 3 days with Ambassador Divers. Two tank boat dives each day. Went out with Martin (Marty) 2 days and Larry one day. Ash helped us in the store. We found Ambassador Divers to be great in every way. They do pickups from your door if you like and return you to your condo. Boats NEVER take more than 8 people (USUALLY no more than 6) and they provided us with great wall locations, shipwrecks, tunnels, caverns, etc. They provided water each trip, changed your tanks, lifted your equipment, and provided basic VALET diving services. They let you dive your computer and dive on your own and you can easily take your time and do an hour plus on each dive without them rushing you at all. I would definitely use them again!

I will be calling down there this week to talk to a couple of operators. I spoke to my friend down there and she gave a thumbs up to both shops on this thread, so I will see what I can work out.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I took a short family vacation and have been traveling for work the past two weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom