Grand Cayman airport question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem popping out to the grill outside if it's there, you'll be in the country and the airport isn't that big. You can easily leave the airport, but I don't think 3 hours is enough time to bother. Maybe you could take a cab to hang someplace else and have a meal or drink with a better view, or shop a little downtown. But depending on the time you might not be able to get your luggage checked on the flight to LCBR right away, like if there's no other flights there may not be anyone at the counter. Never mind what to do with any carry on, though going to LC that can't be too much anyway. I suggest grab a bite to eat, chill with a book, watch the planes from the upstairs deck.

Damselfish:

I think that sounds best for us. My wife and I will just go upstairs and hang out on the upper deck. We'll be arriving on a Saturday afternoon and I hear Saturday's are rather brutal at this airport.

So we will just hang out and be patient w/o the stress.

Thanks for the advice. My wife and I appreciate it.

Alex:

Will be coming off a week on a liveaboard in Turks and Caicos so that part I hope won't be a problem. However, it's a good idea nonetheless, I could study up on some advanced skills.

Back
Top Bottom