Grand Cayman condos???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at both The Reef and Morritt's Tortuga a few years ago. Both are great resorts. We were only at The Reef for one night before checking into Morritt's but I was VERY impressed with the resort. The Reef was new, beautiful and the food was pretty darn good.

Ocean Frontiers is a great dive operator. My boyfriend (what a term for a 45 YO man) did his certification dives there. He did his PADI OW bookwork via CD at home and then did his pool work and checkout dives while we were on Grand Cayman. What a great way to get certified!

FWIW, the diving we experienced was terrific. Because Bob was newly certified the DM kept him pretty close...plus he did suck air pretty quickly. I was also lucky to team up with the other DM for some GREAT wall dives that were spectacular. I only wish I had my UW camera then.

GC is a great dive spot. Bob and I are going back in 06 to the Morritt's Grand.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Little Cayman...there are still too many dive spots to visit on Grand yet.

You will have a great trip!

Kathy

We stayed at the Anchorage and liked it fine.

great location on 7 mile beach yet far away from the cruise ship crowds. the action is a short drive away if you want it.

off the wall will pick you up right on the beach, but i dove with wall to wall. they were great. big enough boat with only 8 divers max. liked their style, they pretty much left me alone but help was alway available if i wanted it.

check out the web sites.

Sarasmile:
Hi all,

This is my very first post. My husband and I have been searching Grand Cayman resorts and condos. We are looking somewhere to just relax and dive (of course). Is it better to stay at somewhere like Cobalt Coast or go to the east end and try a condo like Morritt's Tortuga?

We haven't been diving in quite awhile, but plan to get our AOW before we go. Does the east end have pretty easy dives? Or here is another question, would it be better to just go to Little Cayman?

Thanks for your input.

Sara

If you want peace and quiet, stay on the East End. I had a suite at the Reef and it was fantastic. Right on the beach, I could cook (great for setting your own meal schedule before/between dives) or go out, and the staff was very nice. The on site restaurant was so-so for the money, but there were other excellent choices a short drive away. Ocean Frontiers was excellent as a dive operator, combining as little or as much guidance as you need, depending on your level of comfort with your own/your partners diving abilities. Definitely rent a car. Taxi's are expensive and you will save money if you plan on going out to eat or down town.

If you want to be in the "thick of things" stay on 7-mile beach. You are right where many of the "hot-spots" are. I try to avoid crowds, and I am not a shopper/partier, so I am happy to get away from the 7-mile scene.

Sarasmile, just a thought...depending on how much diving you want to do, you might consider berthing on a live-aboard dive op. If you are diving a lot (4 dives a day) it ends up little bit cheaper on the Aggressor and a lot more convenient.

All the best, James

Thanks everyone for all the advice. It's hard to be on a budget when you're going to the Caymans lol. We have looked at liveaboards also but I am not sure I am ready for that after about 3 years of not diving. But the Turks and Caicos Aggressor or Explorer both look promising for when I am.
I appreciate all of the input. We read the post on Cayman Brac Reef Beach Resort and did some research and it is actually less expensive for us to go there and seems to have great reports for it so we are actually going to go there the end of August. Anyone else going to be there at that time?
We will probably try for Grand Cayman maybe in another year. Now we know where to check out first.

Thanks again,
Sara :D

I hope you have a great trip to Cayman Brac! I am looking forward to going there, myself, but from I'm told Brac Reef is a wonderful resort and the diving is some of the best in Carribean.

Any comments from those that have been there?

Back
Top Bottom