Grand Cayman Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Mike, and thanks for diving with us. I would like to say though, don't let the name fool you, we cater to divers of all levels, and our most common customer is the entry level diver. Our staff always is willing to help change tanks, help divers and answer questions on anything. All you have to do is ask!

I certainly did not mean to imply that the service is anything less than excellent (which is why I enjoy diving with you folks). I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful both in handling gear and making recommendations to improve diving technique, and I have learned a lot by diving with DiveTech. A top shop all around.

Divetech was a wonderful operation at Cobalt Coast, I would imagine they are as good or better at their new locations. Routine dives were very good, extra dives like the West Bay Express DPV dive and the CCR experience dive were absolutely fantastic. I would not hesitate to use Divetech. I did dives at Lighthouse Point, excellent shore dives, only second to Turtle Reef in quality.

Thanks for your review of us. We would like to say that we are better than ever. Divetech has been under new ownership since October 2015, and we are more committed than ever to providing the best customer experience. We have been putting everything into improving our boats, equipment, and infrastructure to make Divetech the very best it can be.

We also know the single biggest component in the customer experience is the shop employee. Divetech ownership offers the best pay and benefits on the island of Grand Cayman, as well as a stringent recruitment and hiring policy to make sure we are employing the absolute best people we can.

I certainly did not mean to imply that the service is anything less than excellent (which is why I enjoy diving with you folks). I have always found the staff to be incredibly helpful both in handling gear and making recommendations to improve diving technique, and I have learned a lot by diving with DiveTech. A top shop all around.

Hi Mike, No offense was taken. :)

The misconception that Divetech caters more to 'experienced' divers is something we are trying hard to dispel. As such, whenever the statement comes up publicly, we like to issue a response to it, so Scubaboard members who aren't as familiar with us are aware.

Even those on the island think that the bulk of our business is to technical and 'hard core' divers. Nothing could be further from the truth - the bulk of our business is with new divers, DSD's training, and introducing people to the underwater world, as well as guiding new and inexperienced divers.

Regardless, to the OP, our Reservations Manager Menno, and the rest of the team are here if you'd like to ask us any questions on Grand Cayman diving. info@divetech.com or toll free at 877-946-5658.

Oh and we also have the only pink boat in town ;-)

ata-1.jpg

Thanks for your review of us. We would like to say that we are better than ever. Divetech has been under new ownership since October 2015, and we are more committed than ever to providing the best customer experience. We have been putting everything into improving our boats, equipment, and infrastructure to make Divetech the very best it can be.

We also know the single biggest component in the customer experience is the shop employee. Divetech ownership offers the best pay and benefits on the island of Grand Cayman, as well as a stringent recruitment and hiring policy to make sure we are employing the absolute best people we can.

Hi Mike, No offense was taken. :)

The misconception that Divetech caters more to 'experienced' divers is something we are trying hard to dispel. As such, whenever the statement comes up publicly, we like to issue a response to it, so Scubaboard members who aren't as familiar with us are aware.

Even those on the island think that the bulk of our business is to technical and 'hard core' divers. Nothing could be further from the truth - the bulk of our business is with new divers, DSD's training, and introducing people to the underwater world, as well as guiding new and inexperienced divers.

Regardless, to the OP, our Reservations Manager Menno, and the rest of the team are here if you'd like to ask us any questions on Grand Cayman diving. info@divetech.com or toll free at 877-946-5658.

Oh and we also have the only pink boat in town ;-)

View attachment 431308
I was on GC and stopped in to DiveTech to check it out. Nice shop, but to be honest I did get the "tech/ experienced" vibe. I ended up not diving with Divetech but I'll surely keep them in mind next time I am there.

I dove with InDepth Watersports this past May. I was happy with them. My buddy liked them enough to bring his daughter back with him in July to do her confined and open water dives. I think I lost a dive buddy...

Back
Top Bottom