Grand Cayman: Neptunes Divers v. Wall to Wall Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting other members impressions (with details) of Neptunes Divers and Wall to Wall Diving in Grand Cayman. I would be especially interested in comments from those who have had the opportunity to dive with both operations. Thanks.

ScubaTexas:
I'm interested in getting other members impressions (with details) of Neptunes Divers and Wall to Wall Diving in Grand Cayman. I would be especially interested in comments from those who have had the opportunity to dive with both operations. Thanks.

strangely enough i have narrowed my choice down to those two with WTW in the lead right now.. planning to visit both of them when i arrive April 16 to make my final decision. Want to do an advanced and nitrox course, so won't have time to give both a try.

next week. Mon - Thurs 3/29 through 4/1. I'll post a trip report when I get back.

The family and I went on a cruise last Christmas with one of the stops was Grand Caymen. I contacted several different dive ops, but Neptune Divers stood out with their fast response, fair pricing and a little help dealing with the slightly non-standard arrival and departure time for the ship.

We had two great dives at the Spanish Anchor and Aquarium reefs. Since their motto is no more than 8 divers they got my business and with the service and happy attitudes they will get my repeat business.

Sorry, I don't know WTW. I have been diving with Neptune and did like them very much. Their boat is pretty small (at least the one they had in 2001) but it did the job for what we wanted (I think there are pictures on the website if you want to see it). At first, Casey looked at us like we were nuts when we asked for shallower dives on top of the reef but she quickly recovered, thought of some good sites and was an outstanding guide. We were diving with my 13 year old son who was just certified and she was fantastic at making the dives interesting and safe for him without being overbearing.

An interesting story: two years later we had a very good DM in Utila and I mentioned this to the family at dinner one night. From out of the blue my son says "Casey in Cayman was better". Here's a kid that can't remember to pick up his socks off the floor and he says this. I was floored but he was right.

I dove with Neptunes about 3 weeks ago as part of a cruise that I was on. Casey and Keith were very friendly. I think there were five or six of us that day. I wanted to do a deep dive so Keith went down with me. Casey led the others. Keith did a great job of leading me around without constantly watching me or telling me what to do. It was very refreshing to have a DM just let me do my thing. Very relaxing. By comparison, my dive in Belize (organized through the cruise line) was a joke. They treated us like two year olds.

Casey was really great to work with via email. She does a great job communicating with you and gives you great information. I really felt prepared when I hit the beach on Grand Cayman. I knew where to meet her, how to get there, etc.

Casey was also very accomodating. Casey had plans to take a couple of the folks in our group to Stingray City. I didn't plan to do this but she said there was room. On the way to Stingray City Casey drove us to the store so we could pick up a couple things. We hooked up with a friend of Casey's who has a boat on the other side of the island. I ended up doing two dives plus Stingray City and got back to the ship on time (Casey dropped us off at the dock). Way cool!

Neptunes is a small operation but that's why I liked it. I felt like I was diving with friends instead of a big company.

Nice thing is, either choice and you're a winner.

Both are small, accommodating, friendly, professional ops dedicated to your having fun & good scuba experience. I have met both Casey of ND & Danny of WTW, and both are super.

If I was forced to select one or the other, I'd go with Neptune Divers because of their choice of sites & tailoring of the diving to suit your personal needs. If you go with them, please tell Casey that I send my best.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Nice thing is, either choice and you're a winner.

<snip>I have met both Casey of ND & Danny of WTW, and both are super.

<snip>
DocVikingo

Casey is with Neptune, but the guy at Wall to Wall is named Giles. Danny works with (owns??) Off the Wall.

Thank you.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom