Grand Caymen...what area of Island to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A solid choice - I think for mixed divers and non-divers North West Point gives a nice mix of relative quiet, easy access to shore dives, West Bay Dock or Morgans for boat dive pickup, and very quick access to Seven Mile Beach, groceries, restaurants, etc. for those that are stuck with a permanent surface interval.

Thanks for all the info folks! Booked a vrbo on the north west side. Grand Cayman hadn't really been on my radar much, but the more I looked into it, the more this looks like a fun spot to definitely hit.

People say how 'expensive' it is there, but the vrbo was very reasonable, car isn't too bad, and restaurant costs seem reasonable. Is there some hidden tax I won't see till I get there? Otherwise it doesn't seem that bad at all tbh.

For us it was the value relative to the prices. You pay steak houses price for junk Applebee’s quality food. If you pay Applebee’s prices you get junk McDonald’s food quality. And on down the ladder it goes. We had some good meals on island but it was 50-75% more than an equivalent meal in the states (more or less true we found from cheap lunches through nicer diners).

Great diving though, and ironically the most reasonably priced part of the trip lol.

Price comparisons can be tricky. I have heard of people from Toronto say that prices on island are comparable to their home. I have found high quality meat here at less than I pay at home.

Eating out can very quickly get pricy, it's true. A lot of people rent condos so they can get in the stuff they want and not pay the increased prices of bars and restaurants, saving their money for the diving. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom