Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, First trip ever down south super excited. The resort i am starting at is grand talladium kanetah , I believe it is located near riviera maya ??? Im looking for a good shop to contact about doing some diving we'll im there. Does anyone have any recommendations close to my resort also any other ideas of things to do we'll there would be great.

EDIT: Also out of the group i am going with noone is a diver so im looking for a place where i dont need a group with me and what gear should i take??

I believe you are staying at the Grand Palladium Kantenah. This is a complex of four resorts that include the Colonial, Riviera and White Sand. You will be between Puerto Adventuras and Akumal. For your diving you want to go north towards Puerto Adventuras, Akumal is in rough shape. Contact Dennis at Aquanauts, his shop will do pick-up and hotel returns. You can check his web site and e-mail him for verification on that point. He is also an excellent cenote guide. His prices are reasonable for the area, a little more than the PDC shops, but his overhead is higher than PDC. You can check your resorts web site for an on-site operator but most resorts contract (outsource) and jack up the prices accordingly. www.aquanauts-online.com. Dennis has a full service shop so rentals are available - and not cheap and broken crap either. If you plan on several dives bring your own stuff - one 'dive day' you can use rentals. Enjoy your vacation.

For your diving you want to go north towards Puerto Adventuras, Akumal is in rough shape.

Headed to Puerto Adventuras in a week. Just curious on your comment about Akumal. How do you mean? The dives sites or the city are in rough shape?

Headed to Puerto Adventuras in a week. Just curious on your comment about Akumal. How do you mean? The dives sites or the city are in rough shape?

I'm curious about the answer to this too. I'm going to Grand Palladium Kantenah with my wife and son and want to do a mix of cenote and reef diving. Want to know how far to go for good reef/wreck diving in the ocean.

I stayed at the White Sands section in December and there is a scuba operator at the hotel, Scuba Carib but as I had my Cenote diving organised with another dive operator, I don't have any experience of them but did see them leaving from the beach.

There is a forum called Palladium Addicts which you might find some information about them on. I do know a regular guest recommends a dive operator in Akumal. I'll have to go and have a look fir the name of the shop.

Only you can decide which gear to take, I take all my kit with me on trips as I have seen some very badly maintained kit. At the very minimum for me it would be mask and regulator as your profile says you have 1000+ dives I would think you would take everything.

I'm curious about the answer to this too. I'm going to Grand Palladium Kantenah with my wife and son and want to do a mix of cenote and reef diving. Want to know how far to go for good reef/wreck diving in the ocean.

Puerto Aventuras itself is a great little town, and the dive shop Dive Aventuras is equally great. We only did one ocean dive which was a checkout dive for the cenotes, so I can't really comment on the ocean diving. I've heard it's decent, but I think people mainly come here for the close location to the cenotes.

We stayed at White Sand Palladium last April and dove with Bahia divers off site.
I had read some of the reviews of the dive op on site, and just wasn't that happy with them. And I am glad we decided to dive off site, as we heard some divers that dove with the resort dive op and they were not happy with them. Too many people in the boat and they felt rushed.
We on the other hand, had small groups in our boat, 5 was the max, including us and 1 DM and the other day it was only hubby, me, and the DM.
We were picked up and dropped off by Fabio, owner/instructor, and got quick replies from Susana, owner/instructor.
The dive op itself is very, very small, but the staff is outstanding. Very professional, safety conscience and just fun to be with. They do have rentals, (we brought our own) and they looked in good shape.
I was almost sorry that we were only diving the two days! We recommend them in a heart beat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom