{Gray Market vs Leisure Pro}

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you all see the great prices at LP at the height of the economic recession? I am sure that LP was buying up scuba gear at a great price at the volumes that would keep the manufacturers happy, directly from the manufacturers.

Actually, I think that manufacturers and distributors use LP as a "discount retailer" to sell off excess equipment when their inventories get high also.

That would most likely apply to the recent economic recession where most LDS's weren't ordering near as much as they used to in past years.

Has it been a month? The best part of these LP posts is where, like in the movie Airplane!, everyone lines up to slap/punch/hit/shoot a hysterical woman.

[youtubehq]i0GW0Vnr9Yc[/youtubehq]

Aqualung products at Leisurepro have pretty much dried up, and Scubapro product inventories are not very healthy either. If AL and Sp are indeed shutting off LP, I think they are just shooting themselves in the foot by allowing their competitors better inroads into LP's sales.

Aqualung products at Leisurepro have pretty much dried up, and Scubapro product inventories are not very healthy either. If AL and Sp are indeed shutting off LP, I think they are just shooting themselves in the foot by allowing their competitors better inroads into LP's sales.

doesn't matter to me.... many of us won't buy another Aqualung product anyway. :D

It turns out LP is part of B&H Photo Video. As a photographer for over 30 years, I can tell you from A LOT of experience, one of the most common comments you hear from photographers is "if you want a quality product for a great price from a reputable dealer, buy it from B & H or Adorama." Another common comment "Did you buy it at B & H? No? Oh, too bad."

Last XMas, I bought a Samsung 50" TV from them, and I live in L.A. The box was destroyed by the time it arrived so I let them know just to document it. I told them if the TV was OK I'd keep it. They emailed 3 times over the course of 2 weeks offering to send another one. Since there wasn't a scratch on it and since it worked perfectly (and still does), I opted to keep it.

These guys are the gold standard in the photography business. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them. I've bought all my big scuba stuff used from here and fleabay, but I've bought some less expensive stuff from them, and they've been stellar.

My $0.02

WRONG.

they are owned by the same person as Adorama. (not B&H) Adorama and LP even operate out of the same building.

It's no secret. go look up their street addresses on their web pages.
My bad. I remembered the wrong company of the two best, that's all. I still say nice things about Adorama in my post. I bought some Leica binoculars from Adorama as well as some other accessories and they were stellar.

Although maybe I'd better go find the receipt for the bino's so I don't mis-speak again :shocked2:

OO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom