Great Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texan

Reaction score
This is a terrific site and i'm glad i found it. I've been diving for only a few years and this looks like a good place browse and post and meet others who dive and learn a few things.

Last June was my first attempt at photography. see pictures at http://jchitty1.home.texas.net/cayman.htm

i can see from some of the great pictures on this board that i've got a long way to go. :)

Me and the family are headed for Cozumel next week so maybe i'll give it another shot there, but i'm feel the currents will make photography even harder :eek:ut: I also hope to get nitrox certified while there.

Thanks again for a terrific diving board.
Texan

Welcome from Canada!

There are some nice pictures on your site!

You will probably find a lot of useful info in Underwater Photography forum.

And yes, sometimes you "fly" really fast on Cozumel.

Welcome aboard

You should check out the Texas section there's alot of us that live in and around Houston

Geek

Welcome from one of your neighbours to the North.

I'll be down in Mexico doing some diving as well next week, not in Coz but a little further south in Puerto Adventuras. Enjoy!

Hey there Texan,

You will find this site to be a wonderful resource! I know I have.

Welcome!!!!!

Jason

Texan we're glad to have another u/w photographer on board. Enjoy your trip to Cozumel. I just got back a month ago - fantastic. I think if you stay down stream of the coral islands in the sand you could steady yourself for some great shots. Also you can take shots in the overhangs (without needing to penetrate the entire tunnel) to avoid the current. And if you get good at turning with the subject the 2 miles per hour current isn't really that bad. Have fun!

Texan,
Welcome to the board. There are several board members from around Houston. Join in for some of the local gatherings at Twin Lakes.
Enjoy.
Larry

Check out the Texas Swamp Diving Team forum.... Welcome to Texan

Twin Lakes is 2 miles south of the 288, Hwy 6 intersection in Manvel. Look to the right for a sign reading Twin Lakes Rv and Scuba Park. Come on down and join us!

but sometimes you just gotta pick some nits!

The place is actually 2 miles EAST of 288 & hwy 6.

Hope to see you there once the water warms up a bit more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom