Great day of diving on Emerald Charters in Jupiter +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amazz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Beautiful conditions are finally back in Jupiter. Water temp was 85 degrees and visibility on the Ledge was 100 feet. These are not reef sharks, but much more polite silkies, I think. It's all done in Federal Waters, so no laws are broken. This is one of the best shark dives I have ever encountered. Never a dull moment on Emerald. Can't wait until next Saturday. Too bad this Monday through Friday work gig gets in the way. Goliath peak season is here and Randy will put you on these mini busses and you may even get to see him wrassle one that has a spear stuck in it's mouth. Here's an oldie but goodie of Randy rescuing a Goliath. Goliath Grouper with Spear in Mouth - YouTube

Photo of Randy from Saturday directing shark traffic. Notice his right hand held up. The shark WAITED!

Randyshark.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe you could work with some of the excellent dive instructors on Scuba Board and get Randy some private Buoyancy Control Lessons. I bet with a little help he could get those terrible trim problems worked out in just a few sessions..

Does he take folks to federal waters to spear the goliath groupers? From the video link, it looked as though he was rescuing a grouper that someone else had shot and did not bag but left the spear in place. I would not willingly book a trip to target goliath groupers.

I'm SO jealous, Amazz! When we were out with Randy the second week of August the viz was so bad it was hard to see him during the shark dives! However, we did three shark dives with him and they were awesome! Randy is definitely the Shark Whisperer!

I hope the conditions continue to be great for your dives next week! Think of us poor suckers in AZ who wish they were still in FL!

Does he take folks to federal waters to spear the goliath groupers? From the video link, it looked as though he was rescuing a grouper that someone else had shot and did not bag but left the spear in place. I would not willingly book a trip to target goliath groupers.

The "jewfish" are protected from harvest in both state and federal water. He was not spearing jewfish. However, I HAVE heard rumor that he may be jealous of their sleek profile and excellent trim.

Does Randy do a three tanker dedicated to goliaths without the sharks?

Of the four days we dove with Randy, we did shark dives on three of them. The first dive of the day was the shark dive. The other two dives were reef dives. On our fourth dive day, most of the divers were lobster hunting but my husband and I wanted to see the Goliath Groupers. So Randy took us to the three wrecks where the GG's hang out. The other two dives of the day were hunting for lobster and looking at reefs. I believe Randy figures out what most of the divers want to do, and then he does it.

the Goliaths with the full moon coming. But, the shark dive is pretty cool. I have mixed feelings about the baiting, however, the sharks are rather polite and it's quite nice to have them stay around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom