Great deal at my local Sony store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_bayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I walked in to my local Sony store and found they had a Marine Pack on sale for $35!!

MPK-WF | Marine Pack | Sony Canada

It was too tempting so I grabbed the case after finding a w390 on sale as well.

I'm trying to decide on going the Big Eye route or M67 Mount Base WD and UWL-100 Type 1 Wide Conversion Lens. Can anyone give me the pro and cons.

Thanks!

I did the same thing... got the w390 and underwater housing.

How are you enjoying the combination ? Any trouble with the battery detection ?

I did the same thing... got the w390 and underwater housing.

How are you enjoying the combination ? Any trouble with the battery detection ?

I found a recall notice on the housing but Sony replaced it pretty quickly.

I have not had any issues with batteries but I did buy a bunch of extras from ebay. I do use the small silica packs as I have had issues with condensation when the camera warms up with long use.

Make sure you remove your o ring for storage and clean and grease it and the housing prior to use. Mine came with one extra o ring.

Pretty good deal with some nice images and video but the focus hunts if the viz is not good. The knob to switch modes is hard to operate at depth.

When shooting video you have to be careful to hold the camera very steady - I might go for a tray with handles and mount a video light.

cheers - Mike

Back
Top Bottom