GREAT deals on Fundraiser Auction for Diving, condos, etc ends May 1st.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you were not aware a drunk Canadian tourist stuck a local child on a bike doing some serious injuries. The girl's family is coping with serious medical bills. In true Cozumel spirit, some people have helped out by donating an auctioning of some scuba training, some condo rentals, whale shark trip and other stuff.

You want to get a deal and help a young, badly injured Cozumel girl, this is your chance, but it ends MAY 1 at 9 pm. That would be Coz time which matches Central time at the moment.

The online auction is being run by a lovely expat lady in Facebook in the Cozumel for You group. <-- click on that link and you can see the current pricing.

There is a 4 day at a waterfront 2 bedroom condo currently at $400. That is insane cheap. There is a date range. if you add 3 nights, it includes a CAR!!

There is a 3night at 3 bedroom going for 375.

That is way below market.

PADI OW, AOW or Rescue for $100. That is barely more than the cost of the dives!!

I hope the drunk is in jail and my thoughts go out to the girl.

What's facebook???
I'd like to help. Can I donate to the family of the child? Can I mule something special down for her the next trip?

What's facebook???
I'd like to help. Can I donate to the family of the child? Can I mule something special down for her the next trip?

I don't know if you know Candy Cane Corki? She dresses as an elf or Mrs Claus every year and visits local kids and hands out toys and candy. She is a lovely person and is managing the auction. She did a live one at Woody's as well. You can use PayPal to send her money at acorki@gmail.com and she will deliver it to the family. (And if you say 'what is paypal?' I'll call BS :) ) She is trust worthy and all.

I don't know what you might mule down. I know the focus is the cost of on going medical care.

You could also email her bids I guess for the items. Some really good deals. It is a waste that people donated this stuff and it is going SO cheap.

I might have to bid on the scuba classes. I want rescue. I already have the high bid on a 4 FOUR seat bar hop.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2015 at 10:11 PM ----------

Anybody know Blue H20? They are giving the classes

---------- Post added April 30th, 2015 at 10:42 PM ----------

WAIT! That is SB's own JFS isn't it?

No, the drunk made bail and fled apparently. There are warrants I believe.

That's disappointing to hear. I hope the Canadian government does the right thing. Hopefully someone brings it to tge attention of the media back in Canada.

I don't know if you know Candy Cane Corki? She dresses as an elf or Mrs Claus every year and visits local kids and hands out toys and candy. She is a lovely person and is managing the auction. She did a live one at Woody's as well. You can use PayPal to send her money at acorki@gmail.com and she will deliver it to the family. (And if you say 'what is paypal?' I'll call BS :) ) She is trust worthy and all.

I don't know what you might mule down. I know the focus is the cost of on going medical care.

You could also email her bids I guess for the items. Some really good deals. It is a waste that people donated this stuff and it is going SO cheap.

I might have to bid on the scuba classes. I want rescue. I already have the high bid on a 4 FOUR seat bar hop.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2015 at 10:11 PM ----------

Anybody know Blue H20? They are giving the classes

---------- Post added April 30th, 2015 at 10:42 PM ----------

WAIT! That is SB's own JFS isn't it?

Yes CVChief, we donated 2 Whale Shark Trips and 2 PADI Certifications. Its out of our pocket and all proceeds 100% goes to the little girl. I might have to eat lion fish sandwiches for a month or two to recover costs but thats ok. The Child is the one who needs the help.

JFS: Do the whale shark trips (#5 & #6) have to be used between June 1 through September 1? My husband and I are going to Cozumel in 2 weeks (May 16!) and would love to bid (both for the good cause and because whale sharks) but we're leaving for home May 30.

JFS: Do the whale shark trips (#5 & #6) have to be used between June 1 through September 1? My husband and I are going to Cozumel in 2 weeks (May 16!) and would love to bid (both for the good cause and because whale sharks) but we're leaving for home May 30.

Hello. The only reason we put June 1 was because the permits have not been issued as of yet. Normally they are issued for May 15 but were late last year ( 1st week of June!). We are hoping that they have their act together this year and release on time and then we start tours May 20?. Its a possibility that you could do it while you are here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom