Great dive day in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matthewjen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well we have been trying to catch up on lost dives due to the weather so today we had the opportunity to dive all day and we did it. 4 great dives in one long day. 3 hours 15 minutes of bottom time, all done on a computer if anyone was wondering. Dives in order were PALANCAR GARDENS, SAN FRANSISCO REEF, back to PALANCAR GARDENS, and last SAN CLEMENTE. The last dive was loaded with all kinds of life including a bunch of sea horses. long day finished with a great dinner at Los Otates and an evening in the square with live music. I love this island.

Something to look forward to, I will be there soon enough, March 20. I like your plan of diving till your tired and a great dinner at Los Otates (one of my favorite). Keep the story and motivation coming.

You found a dive site I'm unfamiliar with. Where is San Clemente?

Cozumel is just such an easy place to fall in love with, I have enjoyed other places but Cozumel is just diffrent.

By the way I think San Clemente is also known by the more popular name of San Francisco reef.

Been diving here since 1992 and never before heard of a San Clemente reef. Must have meant San Francisco.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

I know what you mean Dave I have been going there for almost 20 years I dove a reef the divemaster called the White House I had never heard that before but I guess it was what he called and yes it was in front of the big White House on the beach.

San Clemente is a little reef out in front of the Reef Club............if you jump quite a bit south of the start of Punta Tunich, you'll hit it and then cross over to the beginning of PT.......it's north of San Francisco and not on the wall.........of course who knows if "somebody" is calling another reef by this name?.......hahah.......Betsy

Beendiving-------that reef is a part of La Francesa.......but your DM is just telling you where he/she decides to jump.........many of the dive ops jump at the "beginning" of each reef but it's more fun (IMHO) to spread it out where the best stuff is......and maybe end up diving two reefs if not more.......(she says who also likes to jump in front of the "white house"..........but I don't rename the reef.........hahha)...........Betsy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom