Great Dive Shop on Kauai (South Shore)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I will be staying near Poipu for a week in May and would love to get a few days of boat diving in. We're fairly new to diving- I have 18 dives and he has 28. I've been to 85 ft and he's been to 125. We both have Nitrox cert.

I'd love to do Tunnels one day and other than that we're pretty open. Never been to HI before.

Any shops you'd recommend? We have most of our own gear. Would you rent a vest if you'd be bringing a 3mm full suit?

+1 for Fathom Five.

Nice shop, good DM's and captains, and they keep your gear and rinse/store it between multiple dive days. Night dive at tunnels is a must!

I would recommend Bubbles Below in a heartbeat. First class and super people.

I have been out with three of the dive shops on Kauai and one of the shore dive guys. All were great.

Sheraton Caverns is fantastic.

I dove in Nov and Dec in board shorts and a short sleeve Dry fit Tshirt

Thanks everyone. Is Tunnels usually a shore dive? I was looking through some dive shops' websites and only 1 of them mentioned doing Tunnels as a boat dive. We'd prefer to do a boat dive.

Also great to hear people are diving in t-shirts. I am usually on the warm side so I thought my 3mm would be perfect but then I saw shops in HI rent 5mms.

I happen to be vacationing on Kauai at the moment. When I first started diving here I used Fathom Five a couple of times. The last 10 trips or so I have used Seasport Divers. They have a couple of very nice boats and run a good operation. I would highly recommend them. Kauai is one of my favorite places in the world, even though most of my diving is in the Caribbean. If you have any questions about Seasport or Kauai, I would be glad to answer them.

I forgot to mention - the water temp now is a little below 75. Don't know what it is in May.

Thanks everyone. Is Tunnels usually a shore dive? I was looking through some dive shops' websites and only 1 of them mentioned doing Tunnels as a boat dive. We'd prefer to do a boat dive.

Also great to hear people are diving in t-shirts. I am usually on the warm side so I thought my 3mm would be perfect but then I saw shops in HI rent 5mms.

+1 Fathom Five. Tunnels is a shore dive and I can't imagine it as a boat dive. Water temps were comfortable when I have been there in Feb/Mar time frames in a 3 mil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom