Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival - Sat. April 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's this Saturday the 19th in Livonia, MI. & I'm excited!!!!!

This is the 27th festival the Ford Sea Horses have presented. I'm excited that it's back after a 3 year hiatis as it's always been a fantastic day. The seminars and presentations have always been top notch! & the exhibit area is a phenomenal place to catch up with &/or meet new buddies and charter operators.

So who's going besides me? Who should I look for? Want to meet up for lunch?

The website is: The Ford Seahorses Presents "Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival" for detailed information. A brief synopsis...

The programs start at 9am. Lunch 12-1pm, and go till 5pm. There are also night programs that go from 7-9pm. There is an exhibition area that would be best to meet in. This is the area where the dive shop, artists, etc. booths are set up. At any one time there will be 3 Simultaneous presentations going on.

Paula

I'll be there with the Thunder Bay Underwater Preserve, so far looks very interesting. Don't think I'll be seeing any presentations. However it looks like a great time.

I will be there with some of my MUD club dive buddies. Look for the MUD hats & coats. Isn't scuba board great, I met Paula at a M&G and Mlakin & crew came over and dove in Cheyboygan with us (I think he was there). Three different dive groups from different corners of the state.

I'll be there all day. Will be on the look out for you Paula.

Very cool!

If you can't find me, most any person wearing a 'Ford Sea Lancer' shirt or jacket will be aboe to
point me out. Note that is a Lancer not a Horse. I belong to the other Ford SCUBA club.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.
Paula

I am doing a presentation on Dive computers and the basic features (yeah...if you show up you still do not need to read the manual and you will learn something) and in the afternoon I am doing a trip planning seminar on how to pack all that stuff and still get around the airline rules.

I am also going to have a big booth promoting Divers Incorporated and White Star Quarry. Giving away a season pass to white star and a couple of courses and stuff from Divers Incorporated.

If you are at the show, it would be great to meet some of you (and to see old friends)

Hope you can make it!

Rich

I'll be there until early afternoon on Bruno's Dive Shop booth. We're next to Ken's Dive Locker so there'll be at least two Limeys at the show - I'm the younger, better-looking one with the more decipherable accent!

I believe Bruno & Ken are going to be giving away some free charters - Bruno's Great Lakes Diver runs out of Port Sanilac and Ken does trips to the Wexford from Grand Bend. There will also be lots of gear on special.

Looking forward to it.

Rick

While I originally planned to come to the show, the warm waters of Key Largo beckoned.

So everybody enjoy the show and report out on the interesting happenings. Even though the winds have been up all week, it looks like things should be calming toward the weekend in the Keys

I have organized some interesting trips, a little off the norm.

Sat AM -- Off to Carysfort, North of Key Largo, one of the least visited and lush sites (a bit deeper than most) in the Upper Keys.

Sat Night -- Night dive on the Duane (winds and current willing), this is the Signature dive in the Keys for those in the know.

Sunday -- Finishing up with a Duane/Bibb double header for a little wreck fun.

So enjoy the show, now if my flight to FLL would just pull in the the gate here at DTW.

Yup! Plan on driving down that morning, stopping in Oscoda to pick up another.

Might as well, there is still a lot of ice on the inland lakes. Start out, have a wind shift and then your doing an ice dive.

Nah, I'll pass on that.

I took a few pictures of the exhibition hall throughout the day and have put them up on Bruno's website - see link below. I had a good time; it was a nice show and I hope that a few more exhibitors sign up next year and a few more people come down to support their efforts.

Bruno's Dive Shop - Photos 04.19.08 (Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival)

Cheers

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom