Great Read for you Sharkophiles!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found a great book called "Devils Teeeth" By author Susan Casey.
It chronicles her studies and time spent with Peter Pyle and other marine biologists who are studying the GWs at the Farallone Islands! They have documented over 70 sharks that return every July ( some evry other year) and many of their habits/traits-they even have names for all of them! My favorites are Cadillac and Cal Ripfin as well as the sisters-two huge females that are over 21ft and close to 6000lbs!!!
Some amazing stories about the last urchin diver who still dives there and has had numerous underwater encounters with them...??!! :11:

A fascinating book..I have almost finished it in 2 days!!

Drewpy:
It chronicles her studies and time spent with Peter Pyle and other marine biologists who are studying the GWs at the Farallone Islands! They have documented over 70 sharks that return every July ( some evry other year) and many of their habits/traits-they even have names for all of them! My favorites are Cadillac and Cal Ripfin as well as the sisters-two huge females that are over 21ft and close to 6000lbs!!!
Some amazing stories about the last urchin diver who still dives there and has had numerous underwater encounters with them...??!! :11:

Thanks for the tip Drewpy...Peace...Saildivers

Drewpy:

I loved this book-- easy to read and thoroughly entertaining---- it is one of the best books on Great Whites. I realized that these fish are 'no dummies'

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom