Great Reading

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WesTexDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Today I read the book "Solo Diving" by Robert Von Maier..the second edition. I couldn't put the book down, I guess thats why I read the whole thing today. I think this is a must read for anyone considering solo diving, since I have read in previous posts comments like, you dont know enough to know what you don't know, and such. If you are a beginer, or an experienced diver considering solo diving for the first time, I would suggest that this type of matreial be a must read. SO that you can see how much you know and dont know. In any event I am pretty new to the boards and just thought this may put some of you in the right direction. Not saying that anyone here needs direction, but its good material and well researched.

I've read that. I have a copy in my library. It is a good book and I would recommend it. I'm not a heavy reader by any stretch, but when it comes to diving I read everything I can lay my hands on. I just stumbled upon a copy of Shallow water diving and spear fishing. I snapped it up. I read this book years ago, it was first printed in 1954. It really lit my boilers when it comes to diving. Like they say, a good diver is always learning. Any other good volumes on solo diving out there???

Jim

Back
Top Bottom