Great training with teens at Grand Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

queenbea4

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We just returned from Freeport, Grand Bahamas and had a great experience with Grand Bahamas Scuba. My husband and I are certified divers: we want our daughters to join in the fun so we arranged for them to be certified on this trip. I was a little concerned - they are teenage girls and can be whiney about "classes" - but they LOVED the training. Fred and Melinda were very laid back and entertaining but very thorough. Because one of the girls was not feeling well one morning, we had to push the final day back - and ended up on the shark feeding trip. What a thrill for all four of us to share that experience.

Fred and Melinda deserve a huge thanks for making this one of the best family vacations ever. (With teenagers, no less.)

Queenbea4

I have dove with Fred before at Grand Bahama Scuba, and I agree he is great person to dive with. At the time I dove with him several years ago, he had over 11,000 dives on the local reefs. Needless to say he knows the reefs and the creatures that inhabit them like the back of his hand.....probably better. There was one portion of reef that he stopped at and cut some tangled fishing line off of. He said he cuts a little off every time he visits. Did he tell you the story about his back and dealings with a chiropractor? A great surface interval story!! If I ever go back to Grand Bahama, I will most certainly dive with Fred...

Fred and Melinda not only certified my two teenagers, but they also certified my two brothers too. We are all avid divers now. I use to travel around diving in different places, but now I only go to Freeport and Dive with Fred and Melinda. When I am there I feel at home.

Congratulations on becoming a diving family !
I've got several dive trips planned with my daughter this year.

But in my case she was the one who introduced her mother and I to the sport.

We dive with Fred and Melinda for 2 weeks each fall :D
We plan on taking our Grandaughter with us this year!!
She says she's afraid of Sharks!! :eyebrow:

good stuff! Might want to post a link to their website so other parents can introduce their kids to the joys of Bahamas diving!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom