Great White Shark, A Living Legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been watching the youtube clips....pretty interesting. In this one video he's in the water with a 15 footer. My favorite line is "Mike tries to calm the shark by touching it......" That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I saw the documentary on Discovery channel... Sharkman. The documentary is about Michael Rutzen, a South African, experimenting tonic immobility on sharks. It shows how he put a Tiger shark in a state of tonic immobility and even tries it on Great Whites.

Michael Rutzen is an expert in his field!! You should watch this documentary and see how he swims with white sharks...even catching a lift by holding onto the fins of Great Whites.

Michael Rutzen is NOT delusional. He is a pioneer in his field. Ten or fifteen years ago it was basically unheard of diving with Tiger sharks... today it's common.

My greatest dream is to do a dive with Great Whites without a cage...someday I will indeed!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom