Greater Tampa Area VII started 9/6/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Kim, I am sending CowBoyNeal your way. He may be interested in joining.

Quick question; who is going on this weekend and just out of curiousity who do you use as your local lds??
I dive with Brenda in Tavernier (Conch Republic) Saturday double eagle but we decided to stay over for a Sunday dive and she is full So I will dive with ocean diver and do the Speigal Grove I have 5 divers this trip only one is from scuba board (Stasia) the other 3 come from yahoo 360 ..... come dive with us .. it will be fun and all divers welcome .. tell em you are diving with Kim P so we can try to get a further discount.
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
I dive with Brenda in Tavernier (Conch Republic) Saturday double eagle but we decided to stay over for a Sunday dive and she is full So I will dive with ocean diver and do the Speigal Grove I have 5 divers this trip only one is from scuba board (Stasia) the other 3 come from yahoo 360 ..... come dive with us .. it will be fun and all divers welcome .. tell em you are diving with Kim P so we can try to get a further discount.
Kim P

Yeah I know Brenda. Was just wondering which local shop you used. Heard you guys had a lot of fun :)

My son and I are driving down to Tampa for the weekend of October 6th to blow some bubbles with my diving brother-in-law who is a local resident. What's the best diving in the area this time of year? Head to the Gulf for a boat dive or hit some freshwater spots? I'm AOW and my son is OW.

mack50md:
My son and I are driving down to Tampa for the weekend of October 6th to blow some bubbles with my diving brother-in-law who is a local resident. What's the best diving in the area this time of year? Head to the Gulf for a boat dive or hit some freshwater spots? I'm AOW and my son is OW.

Hiya. Personally, I don't care for the springs in the slightest. If one was cave certed then there would be potential. Otherwise, it is relatively the exact same everytime you go. So it won't surprise you when I say, hit the gulf. There is only Venice as a shore dive the rest of the dives you will need a boat. Hope you have loads of fun while you are here.

I am sure the others will chime in and give you their thoughts :) Happy diving either way.

mack50md:
You say the brother-in-law is a diver too?

Why isn't he setting up a trip?

CoolTech:

I wondered the same and why he isn't on the board.

First...thanks for the reponses.

As for...

CoolTech:

My B-I-L gave us the option of fresh or salt. I have done dives with him on the Sea Fox in Clearwater and T.I. Divers over at Treasure Island. I had a good time with both operations and we can do one or both again. Also have done Crystal and Rainbow River trips. My inquiry was more or less curiosity to see if we're missing out on something local we haven't heard of.

B-I-L is not high on the local diving. Prefers to travel south to warmer waters. Says its too chilly there. LOL. We're thick skinned up here in MD and don't even blink at mid 50s in a quarry with a 7MM wetsuit. So we're looking forward to coming down.

As for Scubaboard...I gave him the link.:D

mack50md:
First...thanks for the reponses.

As for...

My B-I-L gave us the option of fresh or salt. I have done dives with him on the Sea Fox in Clearwater and T.I. Divers over at Treasure Island. I had a good time with both operations and we can do one or both again. Also have done Crystal and Rainbow River trips. My inquiry was more or less curiosity to see if we're missing out on something local we haven't heard of.

B-I-L is not high on the local diving. Prefers to travel south to warmer waters. Says its too chilly there. LOL. We're thick skinned up here in MD and don't even blink at mid 50s in a quarry with a 7MM wetsuit. So we're looking forward to coming down.

As for Scubaboard...I gave him the link.:D
Fair enough :wink:

If you can swing it, I would get over to Lauderdale area (4-5 hour trip). Evene the "B-I-L" would be impressed. Do a search for "Lauderdale by the Sea". It's the best shore dive in the state. Real reefs start in 11' of water, and are about 1/2 way down the pier to the north and south. Everyone would be impressed

CoolTech:
Fair enough :wink:

If you can swing it, I would get over to Lauderdale area (4-5 hour trip). Evene the "B-I-L" would be impressed. Do a search for "Lauderdale by the Sea". It's the best shore dive in the state. Real reefs start in 11' of water, and are about 1/2 way down the pier to the north and south. Everyone would be impressed

Mack, I am with CoolTech on that for sure. Grab a cheap hotel and dive free :D

Is anyone going out on Sunday, October 8th? JohnnySeko is going to be in town and I would really like to meet up and take him out for some real diving, heheheheh. He is from Rhode Island :D

Let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom