Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be able to dive until May (God willing) but I am fealing alot of anxiety over it tonight. I feel like a fish out of water. AAAAAAHH:depressed::depressed::depressed:

Hang in there. May is right around the corner. We will make sure you make up for lost time. I'm right around the corner from you. The wife and I will drag you out.

Flying from JFK to Dublin for a 3 month vacation (yes, before kids!).
Our flight was going to be 'stand-by'. Since we only paid $149 each way, we had to put our names on the stand-by list as the counter opened. 5 hours before the flight! After sitting in the corner for 5 hours we find out, "you're on" Yippee! Check in, get seats, board, no overhead storage, or under seat storage (we got the open seats near the wing exit), sit down, relax and continue drinking! We're ready for the speech, and find out that one couple checked in, but didn't board the plane.
Not sure if anyone knows this but if you check your bag and don't make it on board, your bag(s) need to be pulled off the flight. Security reasons. So the baggage handlers start digging thru the hold to find the idiots bags. 2 hrs!
Let's back up a little... In the seats next to ours, is a family of 3 is getting ready for the 8 hr flight. Dad, Mom and little 3 yr old Ian! "Oh boy! Give that hyper kid a couple shots of crown and let him sleep the whole way!" <--(oops did I say that out loud) During the time of the bag hunt, little Ian next to wasn't going sit quietly for more than 5 minutes. Shoes already kicked off, he starts the running up and down the aisles, laughing and not caring who he bumps into. Attendants are pleased that he wasn't being forced to sit down and start screaming (that's the worst I hear). Parents watching but not really minding. Every time they try to sit little Ian down, mini-fit. Other passengers starting to get annoyed. Everyone rolling eyes.
Super Brad to the rescue!
I sit down on the floor w/ Ian and start to entertain him. He wanted nothing to w/ his daddy. Guess what...I made a new friend. Playing tag, letting him jump on my lap, giving high fives, etc. The looks from the other passengers were angelic. If looks were money, I think I would have made $500 in minutes. The girlfriend then, now wife, knew right then and there, daddy material.
Anyway, after the 2 hr. bag hunt was over. The flight took off. Ian calmed/wore out a little.
Meal was served. During the meal service, small splits of wine were served w/ dinner. I drank 3 plus a couple of Absolutes! Since many of the passengers didn't drink the wine, the attendant that was in our area gave us a few (8) extra bottles and some extra mini-bottles of booze for 'good' start to the vacation and for Ian control. I left the plane w/ 20 pounds of liquor stuff in a backpack that was already overfilled. That was a good start.

What starts out nightmarish could, sometimes be heaven sent!

Brad, you should have been there for our flight back from Jamaica. Im SURE Robin and the passenger in front would have paid $$$$ for your services!
We just wanted to strangle the little B.....d on our flight!

We just wanted to strangle the little B.....d on our flight![/QUOTE]

Sorry See Below

Last edited:
Flying from JFK to Dublin for a 3 month vacation (yes, before kids!).
Our flight was going to be 'stand-by'. Since we only paid $149 each way, we had to put our names on the stand-by list as the counter opened. 5 hours before the flight! After sitting in the corner for 5 hours we find out, "you're on" Yippee! Check in, get seats, board, no overhead storage, or under seat storage (we got the open seats near the wing exit), sit down, relax and continue drinking! We're ready for the speech, and find out that one couple checked in, but didn't board the plane.
Not sure if anyone knows this but if you check your bag and don't make it on board, your bag(s) need to be pulled off the flight. Security reasons. So the baggage handlers start digging thru the hold to find the idiots bags. 2 hrs!
Let's back up a little... In the seats next to ours, is a family of 3 is getting ready for the 8 hr flight. Dad, Mom and little 3 yr old Ian! "Oh boy! Give that hyper kid a couple shots of crown and let him sleep the whole way!" <--(oops did I say that out loud) During the time of the bag hunt, little Ian next to wasn't going sit quietly for more than 5 minutes. Shoes already kicked off, he starts the running up and down the aisles, laughing and not caring who he bumps into. Attendants are pleased that he wasn't being forced to sit down and start screaming (that's the worst I hear). Parents watching but not really minding. Every time they try to sit little Ian down, mini-fit. Other passengers starting to get annoyed. Everyone rolling eyes.
Super Brad to the rescue!
I sit down on the floor w/ Ian and start to entertain him. He wanted nothing to w/ his daddy. Guess what...I made a new friend. Playing tag, letting him jump on my lap, giving high fives, etc. The looks from the other passengers were angelic. If looks were money, I think I would have made $500 in minutes. The girlfriend then, now wife, knew right then and there, daddy material.
Anyway, after the 2 hr. bag hunt was over. The flight took off. Ian calmed/wore out a little.
Meal was served. During the meal service, small splits of wine were served w/ dinner. I drank 3 plus a couple of Absolutes! Since many of the passengers didn't drink the wine, the attendant that was in our area gave us a few (8) extra bottles and some extra mini-bottles of booze for 'good' start to the vacation and for Ian control. I left the plane w/ 20 pounds of liquor stuff in a backpack that was already overfilled. That was a good start.

What starts out nightmarish could, sometimes be heaven sent!

Funny story. Thanks for sharing

Hang in there. May is right around the corner. We will make sure you make up for lost time. I'm right around the corner from you. The wife and I will drag you out.

I hope you mean it, because I plan on taking you up on it. Thanks for cheering me up. It gives me something to look forward to.

I must be cursed not to dive again.

Tara and I headed to Spanish Rocks knowing that the NOAA had forecasted some chop. They were right. We decided to head to Venice to see if conditions were better, and there were not.

We did however enjoy the scenary. Longboat Key is beautiful.:cool2:

What is the local censues on Bill Jackson's? Tara and I stopped by the shop on the way back, and thought they had some decent stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom