Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it down to the beach today.

The water was in the 40's I'm going to guess. Snow is covering the mountains.

van1.jpg

I'm shivering just looking at that! It's beautiful, but wow does it look COLD!!!!

Is there a spot that post good dive spots with possibly coordinates? I have only been on 5 dives and only one of those were after my 4 dives for class. A friend brought me to Casperson Beach and we stopped at a parking area right inside that park on the right. We walked out to the each and swam out a couple hundred meters on the surface using these 2 big pine trees that stood out. We dropped down about 20 meters in to loads of teeth. As we swam north a bit we heard popping and came across a artificial reef. It had some large concrete tubes that had all sorts of small and big fish there. I am new to diving butwould love to learn, share and get some new spots to try and dive at. Any suggestions?

The ones around here would be Spanish Rocks and Venice (especially with the new artificial reef). BlueWaterBrad has spoken of a couple that are new to me.

Reef - That piccer looks cooooooold.

Hey all, if anyone is planning on booking any airline tix's anytime soon, you should do it over the next week or so as the airlines are having a war. Also, if you book your ticket through Expedia.com they will give you 200 dollars towards the next ticket you book!

I'm shivering just looking at that! It's beautiful, but wow does it look COLD!!!!

Friday got a chance to drve to the backcountry (towards Whistler).

I stopped at Britannia Beach on the way back.

P1040125Large.jpg

P1040138Large.jpg

P1040200Large.jpg

P1040136Large.jpg

P1040026Large.jpg

The water was very clear even with the rain. I'd love to go diving up there with the seals, and sea lions. In another week I head back. Too bad my gear is being serviced rightnow.

Dude rent or borrow some of mine - the seals are sooooooooo worth it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom