Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I wouldn't even bother trying to cross the bay to go to work every day. Been there. It's not worth it. I'd tell them to find an apartment near Largo temporarily while they get a feel for the area. Then look at buying a house. Seriously.

There are some nice neighborhoods up near the golf course in Clearwater that aren't planned communities, so they have good access and real trees. They'll need to learn their way around, though.

Wooohoooo, I'm done with Vancouver for atleast a few months.

Here are some pics I took on this trip.

Heading into downtown.

P1040584Large.jpg

2010 Winter Olympics countdown...

P1040869Large.jpg

P1040833Large.jpg

Marina.

P1040616Large.jpg

Girl in Wetsuit.

P1040940Large.jpg

P1040948Large.jpg

View from the beach, Stanley Park.

P1040990Large.jpg

I'm tempted to make an offer on it.

P1060094Large.jpg

:coffee:

No, it's Waterchase. She made a deal of making sure I knew it wasn't "Westchase" as they sound so similar. However, we googled it and it appears to be close to Westchase (but we don't know what that means either). Her husband will be working in Largo - they'd like to keep the drive in/out to around 30mins if possible. Otherwise it's hard to tell about the neighborhoods. For example - is it one of those zero lot line sub-divisions? She doesn't want to hear her neighbors flush the toilet...

Waterchase is a fairly new (2-3 yrs) community off of Race Track Road. I drive by it every day. Appears fairly nice (upscale). It's more than 30 minutes to Largo, depending on time and exactly where in Largo.

It takes me ~ 50 minutes to get to work (arrive work at 6:30AM and depart at 4PM). An 8-5 type time would make the commute aroud an hour. I live in Odessa, and work at Honeywell which is right on the border of Clearwater and Largo. I'm about 12 minutes further out from Waterchase. Mileage is ~ 27 miles each way. Been doing this for 20 years, so I'm pretty used to it.

There are several different routes you can take, easiest is Racetrack to 580 to McMullen Booth and across the Bayside bridge, but's there quite a few possible variations to the general route.

If you have any questions on routes, feel free to contact me. However, like others have said, you may want to look at housing closer to Largo with the cost of gas and commute times.

John

Well, I didn't know you were selling. PM me your addy (and contact info) and I'll fwd it to her. She closed on her house in Columbus GA on Fri so she is ready to move on something down here...

Sending it.

Reef, did you take those with film or digital?

However, like others have said, you may want to look at housing closer to Largo with the cost of gas and commute times.John

Henry/John,

Thanks both. The husband (Brian) already has a corp apartment in Largo. They looked in Clearwater/Largo for a home and found nothing they liked. I also know about crossing the bridge for work (South Brandon to Largo for too long). They first thought they wanted to live here in Brandon and commute to Largo - I talked them out of that crazyness. Some amount of what you and I call "traffic" is OK with them. They were in Dallas a few years ago - 2 hours to go 12 miles. Every freaking day. Insane if ya ask me.

Yeah it is. Tampa isn't as bad as silicon valley or somwhere like that, but it's still too much traffic for my blood.

Hey Reef, how many megapixels? Can you blow up that very big?

Reef, what is the point of that house thing?

Henry - figured out what you are doing Saturday yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom