Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as time flys when your having fun . hello to all my good friends back in the sunny state of florida !! how is every one ?? life has been good for me here in tennessee for the most part . the diving up here is something to be desired . sure do miss the weekend get aways with you all . good news is i finally decided to further my dive skills almost done with my rescue diver class and working on my diver master cert . one day i will come back and visit .

Heya very nice to hear from you! Glad all is well :)

well, I didn't get to complete my aow certification today. Reason being "gators". Gators were spotted in Crystal Springs. There was NO way I was going to get in the water with them. It was rescheduled for 6/26 at Hudson Grotto.
I was really looking forward to compliting my certification, but everything happens for a reason.

well, I didn't get to complete my aow certification today. Reason being "gators". Gators were spotted in Crystal Springs. There was NO way I was going to get in the water with them. It was rescheduled for 6/26 at Hudson Grotto.
I was really looking forward to compliting my certification, but everything happens for a reason.

I read Crystal Springs is pretty shallow (10 ft). I do not see how you could do more than snorkel there anyway.

Hopefully there will not be any gators at Hudson Grotto :D

Sean

Not nice Jay!
FYI: Im not feared of nottin........
I do try to keep a respectful distance from some of the larger meat-eating critters tho!
Sharks tend to like me.......but I havent had any problems with gators!

Sunday (6/21) we did the father's day stuff at the Tarpon Springs sponge docks. After having some gyros at Plaka's we took my 22 month old son to the Tarpon aquarium. He stood at the aquarium glass and was in total awe. Every time one of the nurse sharks would swim by the glass he would jump back about 2 feet - it was hilarious :sharkattack:. I tried to get him to pet the stingrays, but he did not want any part of that. :D

Scott, the owner of the aquarium said they swam with whale sharks earlier this month off of Tarpon Springs

Forget snapper: 3 Tarpon Springs fishermen wind up swimming with whale sharks - St. Petersburg Times

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom