Greater Tampa Bay Area Divers XIII 5/2/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Ty:
I'm available. I'm not sure the weather is going to cooperate but let's put a trip together and keep our fingers crossed.

Ty

Put us down then.

Hey if everyone else is available, what do you have going on Saturday day afternoon? Would that be better?

Capt. Ty:
I'm available. I'm not sure the weather is going to cooperate but let's put a trip together and keep our fingers crossed.

Ty

Not looking any better:

SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
EAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 4 TO 6 FEET.

SUNDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. ISOLATED
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

Miss D, very sweet pictures, now if you had my video camera with you down there........

Hey Kim, I was going to post this in the other thread but seeing we have been hi-jacking all the intro threads, I thought I'd come here :)

Anyway, was wondering if you wanted to start making yesterday's thing a regular type thing? Say once every five/six weeks or so, push new members to come out and play and hang out with some other locals? I'd definitely be up for it. You can set the schedule and all of us can direct people to the thread.

We just have to remember to put all dives in the Central Conch Calendar.

Missdirected:
Hey Kim, I was going to post this in the other thread but seeing we have been hi-jacking all the intro threads, I thought I'd come here :)

Anyway, was wondering if you wanted to start making yesterday's thing a regular type thing? Say once every five/six weeks or so, push new members to come out and play and hang out with some other locals? I'd definitely be up for it. You can set the schedule and all of us can direct people to the thread.

We just have to remember to put all dives in the Central Conch Calendar.

I think it sounds like a great plan :wink: ... I am watching the newbie threads all the time and I have been enjoying the shore dives and meet the fresh young divers :eyebrow:
FYI I have also try to post all dives in the Trips and Market place .... :mooner: Some are not understanding that in our "chat" thread we talk about .... guess what ... diving :rofl3: so it seems to me only natural that spur of the moment trips happen, but new scuba board members dont get it, so I have been starting threads and placing links to the newbie conversations as to bring the people to them, not the other way around. I was on scuba board a year before I finally started to get where to look (with help from u members) for the dives ... and then it seemed just when i found it ... someone would move it ... that does not go on to much any more but still happens ... one of my Anna Maria post got moved to Market Place and stuck side by side with the exact same post I had place there earlier in the week :confused:

We have some good new divers comming in :
Sakik
schudini
MichelleA
Just to name a few ... with more comming every day :wink:
Kim P

Well if I may throw in my 2 pennies here.... I think it is a damn good idea. I was actually a little overwhelmed by all the divers that showed up Sat. I wasn't expecting that at all. I was glad to see it though. My wife is a newbie as well as some of the others that were there and she seemed to really enjoy going out like that so if you guys start setting these up on a fairly regular basis I will do my best to attend.
I hope that all the new divers had a good time and got to experience the gulf in a good way. It is a whole different world than fresh water but that seems to be a relatively easy dive to get them in the water out there. The vis could have been better but the current was easy going and the company was great.
I hope we get to do it again real soon!!!!!!!

Git-r-Dun, your two psi is always important around here.

Kim, I have said all of that until I am blue in the face. I am at times considered the anti-christ or something :shakehead I too watch the newbs and stuff, hoping to get them to come out and get comfortable; in turn, sticking with the board. Too often I hear they are overwhelmed when they first come here. But trying to relate that to some of the older more stubborn people, you would think I was stealing someone's personal real estate.:shakehead

I am also trying to start a springs thread, though I don't have a lot of time right now to keep up with it. Figure if that gets up and going, and stays around like Tampa did, then we might get something "real" for them in the future. It is the long way of going about things, just like Tampa was, but you have to do what you have to do right? Hey they said Tampa would never work, Dave took a beating in the beginning, but hey look at it now. Especially now :multi:

Okay, thanks for letting me vent. I guess it is one step at at time though. One small step is one small vicotory - slow but sure. :)

So yeah, I think once every few weeks, once you feel there are enough peeps we should do a local meet and greet. We can all work together in catching the new people and sending them your way. Perhaps you could start a "Welcome Here to the Greater TampaBay Area" thread or something :ne_nau: (just tossing out ideas). Maybe include in it something to the effect of, "Please stick around. We'd love to get to know you. Perhaps show you around. We will be having a meet and greet soon..."

Dave's wife will be certed soon. I am sure she will love to come and meet some people.

Question?
Are you on roll call? If some diver girl happened to be bored and decide to promote sayyy Venice Beach Fossil http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=191463 dive or Shore dive this Saturday Anna Maria Island http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190889&page=2 one would think hmmm Roll Call has all of my area divers grouped together simple … right? Wrong it seems that even some of our key players are not even there (not to mention names MD) So if you would please check to see if you are there (and spelled correctly) if not add yourself. Thanks
Roll call http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=39161
Kim P

Divergirl4u:
Question?
Are you on roll call? If some diver girl happened to be bored and decide to promote sayyy Venice Beach Fossil http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=191463 dive or Shore dive this Saturday Anna Maria Island http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190889&page=2 one would think hmmm Roll Call has all of my area divers grouped together simple … right? Wrong it seems that even some of our key players are not even there (not to mention names MD) So if you would please check to see if you are there (and spelled correctly) if not add yourself. Thanks
Roll call http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=39161
Kim P

That little gem hasn't been used or updated in ages. If you are going to start using it, I will as well. So I will add my name.

Capt. Ty, Scott had a major family emergency and had to fly to Boston to see his daughter. As soon as I hear back from him, he's supposed to call me later, John, Scott, and I will figure out another day to meet with you but for now tomorrow is out. I'll call you later.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom