Greenbo Lake Clean Up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mullannix930

Contributor
Reaction score
The treasure hunt has been changed to a clean up. It's still on October 6th. Participation is free and prizes (around $3,000 worth of prizes) will be given to participants. Registration is 9:00-10:00am at the parking lot for the community pool. After the dive briefing, diving will be till 5:00 pm with prizes give out to start at around 4:00. Lunch buffet will be provided for $10 in the lodge restaurant. Other refreshments will be provided free.

The lodge is offering a special room rate for divers. Come out, dive, pick up some trash, win prizes, and show the people against this dive area what divers are all about.

Who is coming out to help clean up this lake and get it ready for next year?

I am staying in the lodge, they have a good deal of 59 a night and just called me about a third night for 29.

I am up for diving Sunday too, if there are any lakes around.

Rodney,

Just confirming that the rescue team will be there to do tanks fills. If not, I need to bring 4 tanks.

Thanks,
Jerrod

The dive team still says that they will have the mobile system.
We are doing sign in at the community pool, but since you are staying at the lodge you can just come down to the dock at the lodge. We will be shutteling people to that spot anyway. We will have registration until 10:00, if you are going to meet us at the dock, just let me know so we can come to the dock with the waiver. I'll be in a green explorer.

So, is the diving right behind the lodge?

I hope there will be some people that want to dive as much as me.

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Are you going to combine people with others or is it a free for all? Can we start diving at 9 or earlier?

We will do a safety/dive brief and diving will start at about 10:30. We will be checking divers in and out (for accountability). We need people to work in buddy teams just to keep the state happy. They have made this tough. So we do ask for people to buddy up.

here is the schedule
0900-100 registration – includes ID and Certification showing, signing Parks waiver

1000-1030 – assemble at dive location (behind the lodge at the pier), set up equipment and safety briefing

1030-1215 – active scuba diving and clean up (divers will be checked in and out of the water for accountability)

1215-1400 – lunch and prize drawings you can get back in the water before 1400 as long as you get checked back in.

1400-1630 – active scuba diving and clean up (divers will again be checked in and out of water for accountability)

1630-1700 – disassembly of gear and end of event

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:41 PM ----------

The dive area is at a dock behind the lodge. If you walk out the back of the building, you will see the dock.

i am setting out some buoys tomorrow to mark the edge of the dive area. It will go from the buoys, to the tree line around the bend (to the right as you look out at the water).

Is lunch mandatory if I can find someone to dive with me during that time?

Will it be like this when scuba opens next year? If so, I think there is going to be a hard time keeping this place running.

Jerrod

You don't have to eat lunch, but that is when we are doing prizes. When it opens next spring it will be 11:00 to 6:00 with diving the entire time. We just set this up to get the area exposure and get some ideas from divers.

as long as you have a buddy and we have you down as still in the water, you can dive straight through to the 4:30-5:00 end of dive.

---------- Post Merged on October 5th, 2012 at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was on October 4th, 2012 at 10:15 PM ----------

Dive the lake today. Water temp 70-74. Viz 17-20. Had on a 3/2 mm wetsuit with a hooded vest and was more than comfortable. I also saw a fresh water jellyfish at about 4 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom