Greeting And Fluorescence Lighting Questions From Victoria, Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,
Glad to have just discovered your site and hope I am posting to the right forum. I have become intrigued recently with trying night diving around my hometown of Victoria for the purpose of experiencing fluorescence of the local flora and fauna. I need a lighting system and the GoBe NightSea has caught my eye. But I have a few questions about it that I've been unable to figure out from the manufacturers web site. Apparently the blue light from the unit becomes normal white light when its phosphor flip-cap is attached but it is unclear to me just how many lumens of white light are put out. In other words, how effective will it be for navigation purposes as I don't want to carry 2 lights? Also, is there anything special about the expensive Nightsea yellow mask filter? Seems to me that I should be able to use most any old sheet of yellow plastic. Can anyone shed some light on my questions? Many thanks! Apologies in advance if I need to post this elsewhere...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom