Greetings from a new member in NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noreastDIVER84

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, my name is Brent, I have had my open water certification for about three years now, and have been lurking around on here since then, I finally decided to join. I have only recently started doing additional certifications, but have been diving since I completed my open water course.

I have only been diving around the east end of Long Island, and have been to Dutch Springs about two weeks ago. Besides being in the pool Dutch Springs was the greatest visibility I have ever been in. My normal dive gets me around 4-6' visibility and have seen about 20' on a rare day. I have only been doing shore dives due to my work schedule and the schedule of the dive boats, I just dont have the drive to get up at 3 in the morning to drive 2 hours around to get a boat leaving at 6am.

I am working my way to Master Diver rating as of now, and will probably work my way up to instructor over time. I am only 25, so I have plenty of time to work on that.

I may only have 30 dives logged, but I love it and will not rent my equipment. I have bought what I needed at the time, and have upgraded or added to my collection of "toys" My most recent purchase has been a Pinnacle Evolution 2 drysuit, which was a godsend for Dutch Springs. I get chilled easily, and I was toasty warm on those dives.

I will end with that for now and have enjoyed the wealth of information I have received from this site to help in purchasing decisions.

Welcome to the Board, the Pinnacle Evo2 is a great suit, my wife has one and loves it.

Enjoy your time here and good luck with your certifications.

welcome to SB.. Stop over at Dive NY... We have lots of gatherings and dive trips all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom