Greetings from Do-Da

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm new to computer forums.

I was certified by PADI in the 70's but up until last summer, I've been out of diving since the mid-80's. My three oldest kids were certified last summer. I've been working on specialities and moving toward dive master.

Not a lot to say about diving in the midwest - poor viz and not much to look at. But we're heading to Panama City Beach in July.

It's interesting to see how things have changed since I started diving. What was the norm back then, many would consider hazardous today (I still have a couple of steel tanks with J valves, pressure gages were a luxury).

For my real job I test fly airplanes, so I know a lot more about flying than I do diving, but I'm learning.

Any suggestions about Panama City Beach, I'm open.
thanks.

Cheers!

Welcome. I'm jealous about your job -- I hope to start working towards my pilots license later this year. How did you get a job test flying airplanes? For what company?

I'll try to keep this short since it's a SCUBA forum, not flying.

I'm a test pilot for Cessna a/c and manage the new projects within flight test, jets and props. I know a lot of test pilots in Wichita and in the industry in general, military and civilian. There's no single path to become a test pilot. I worked my way up in the civilian ranks since my poor eyesight kept me out of the military. Most of the test pilots in Wichita are not ex-military, but some are and it's not a bad way to go. An engineering or other technical degree is a must. After that it's attitude, hard work, and being in the right place at the right time - like most jobs.

I'd be happy to share more if you wish. I don't know if this is the correct way to reply in these forums. If you want to discuss flying at length, I suggest you e-mail me at 6williams@sbcglobal.net. I've been flying for 20 years but I continue to learn everyday.

Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom