Greetings from Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am just into Michigan along I-69, welcome aboard.

Hello all Hoosiers! Newbie here looking to become certified in NWI area. I have found 2 shops in my area (Gooses and Scuba Emporium) that have instruction/certification courses. Any help in finding a good instructor / LDS as I am very interested in this. I have snorkeled extensively and have always wanted to get into diving. A possible career change would likely require me to become certified before Halloween. Thanks

Sounds like you found two possibilities already. The Scuba Tank in Valparaiso is a third option. My suggestion - go into the shops, talk to the people, ask a lot of questions, and see who you like.

Having said that, I should add - going from "zero to hero" in two months around here....probably not going to happen. Even if you could get the required number of dives, there's the whole issue of experience.

There should be no problem getting your open water certification done before Halloween if you start in the next few weeks.

Having said that, I should add - going from "zero to hero" in two months around here....probably not going to happen. Even if you could get the required number of dives, there's the whole issue of experience.

Please disregard this post. I miss-read your original one. Just proving once again I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!:shakehead::dork2:

Not looking to become a master in the short time. I understand that it will take time and possibly longer than Halloween. Just looking for some suggestions and or experience with shops in the area. Research and patience is always better in the long run.

Understood. Like I said, I misread the post. Sorry about that.

Regarding shops, I can't speak for (or against) Scuba Emporium, but both Gooses and Scuba Tank will do a good job. Personally, I'm biased for Scuba Tank but just my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom