Greetings from Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steveo245

New
Reaction score
Looking to utilize my Certification a bit.. I took the class several years back with my father who never really persude the sport... We were certified and I have dove a hand full of times on vacation in Jamacia but now I want to make it a hobby... Whats my next step?

Well thats about as vague as asking someone who just got their first car where do they go now? Scuba is broad and its up to you. Gain experience and enjoy it or sign up for AOW and learn more skills. If your specific about what you want take a specialty course but the most important next step is GO DIVING!!!! :)

Buy your own gear and it is not as expensive as you think, rentals are about $60 for a day and the equipment is usually pretty old. I am a fellow Wisconsinite and I need to do 1 night dive to finish my AOW certification. If you have any specific questions I can help, and If I can't there are a million guys here with knowledge and experience far greater than mine. But if u have gear questions I did allot of research before buying mine. Nice to finally see a Wisconsin post. Let's go diving.

Where are you from in wisconsin? Before you rush off to purchase gear figure out what kind of diving you want to do so you don't have to make multiple purchases.

Welcome Steveo. I'm also from WI, north of Milwaukee in West Bend. Good advice so far, I especially agree with the idea of taking AOW - it'll help refresh your skills and also help you learn more. Let me know if you have any questions - happy to help!

Looking to utilize my Certification a bit.. I took the class several years back with my father who never really persude the sport... We were certified and I have dove a hand full of times on vacation in Jamacia but now I want to make it a hobby... Whats my next step?

Welcome Steve!
And hope top see you at a dive or a meet soon,
Brad
Deep Six Scuba Dive Group Website

Welcome to the board. As others have said decide on the type of diving you want to do. Based on your location, local diving will clearly be cold water diving requiring different exposure protection than what you needed in Jamaica. It is a great sport and you can have a great time, just dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom