Greetings in WNY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetPro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings to all

I didn't get on the Board for quite a while and now that I'm back I am pleasantly surprised by all the great features.

I just checked out the LED site following a link from Lil Irish. I'll try to make the next meeting but Sundays are a little tough. I would love to meet a new group of divers. I'll check the web site to try and make Deep Run if I miss the meeting.

What types of dives will be planned? I'm just starting work on an instructor rating. My sons (14 and 17) are also divers and when we dive together I keep it in the moderate recreational range.

Looking forward to another season of diving.

Jeff
Honeoye Falls (south of Rochester for you Buffalo folks)

Hey Netpro,

Welcome to the board, we're always happy to have new people popping in! We've only had one meeting as of yet, so Sundays (as far as I know) haven't become the "official" meeting day of the month, we just happened to plan our next meeting for a Sunday.

That's the great thing about the LED club, we have all sorts of skill ranges in there. We have brand-new divers (myself with 28 dives), instructors (Tavi) and everything in-between. There are enough of us that I'm sure that we can all find something and someone to interest everybody on a dive. As a wise dive buddy once told me "Water looks the same at 120 feet as it does at 20"
04.gif

You're a lucky guy, I've got two sons myself, but they have years to go before they can consider getting into scuba. I guess that might be good for me as it would be rough having to come up with 3 sets of everything.
11.gif

There is a contingent of us that will pretty much be at Deep Run just about every weekend (mostly early Sunday mornings), but by all means stay glued to the LED site and this board to find out about upcoming activities.

Again, welcome to the board, and I look forward to meeting and diving with you and your sons soon! I'm currently in FL right now taking DIR-F, but will be back in Rochester on the 25th, and I plan to dive Deep Run on the 26th or 27th. It'll still be a bit chilly for anything other than a drysuit, but if you've got one, you're more than welcome to come out!

Back
Top Bottom