Greetings & Looking for Dive Buddies - Virginia Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy folks,

Just got moved to the Virginia Beach area for the next few years courtesy of Uncle Sam.

Here's a little run down of my dive experience.

2003 Tacoma, WA - Get PADI Open Water certified. I do my open water dives in the frigid waters of Steilacoom Bay, see nothing but poor viz and mud ... decide diving is dumb, why did my parents ever enjoy this?
2012 Pearl Harbor, HI - Get convinced to try scuba again. Begrudgingly agree and do a Discover Scuba program to refresh my skills/comfort underwater ... WOW ... THIS is why my parents enjoyed diving!
While out in Hawaii worked my way up to Dive Master and dove at least 4 times a week, if not more (logged 14 one work week).

Absolutely adore the water and I'm looking to keep diving though I understand the season to do so and sites aren't quite as plentiful. I did a little spear fishing out in Hawaii as well (three prong Hawaiian sling style) and I think that'd be a fun thing to get into as well. Anyways, just want to say hello, see who's diving, where they're diving and if company is welcome.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom